Author Topic: Marc Stein on Durant  (Read 2309 times)

Marc Stein on Durant
« on: May 31, 2016, 03:55:09 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wizards, Heat, Celtics, Rockets, Knicks, Lakers, Spurs and, yes, Warriors ... all expected to pursue Kevin Durant in free agency this summer
And there will inevitably be more Durant suitors who emerge come July 1. But ...
Most insiders see the most likely scenario at present to be Kevin Durant staying in OKC on a two-year max deal with an opt-out after Year 1.
At present!

-@ESPNSteinLine
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Marc Stein on Durant
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:48:47 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
At this point he isn't going to leave this summer. One game from the finals in a year where the top teams will have cap space to fill the gaps.

Depending on what they decide to do with Waiters they could have about $8m cap space to play with before re-signing Durant. I bet they're regretting that Kyle Singler deal now... That would have opened it up to $13m of cap space and the ability to sign a decent SG like Fournier. Or maybe they get a backup PG like Lin for good value.

Better for him to wait until 2017 where Westbrook can help make a decision for him

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:49:10 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Durant will be heavily whiplash if he sign with powerhouse teams like SA and GS. He should go east and leave westbrick on that team. CBS will reinvent his game and maximize it.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 05:56:22 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I would be surprised if he chose to sign with another team this off season. I think that he's going to sign a short-term contract with OKC until the summer of 2017, which allows him to enter free agency with Westbrook.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:16:56 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I would be surprised if he chose to sign with another team this off season. I think that he's going to sign a short-term contract with OKC until the summer of 2017, which allows him to enter free agency with Westbrook.

Exactly my sentiment, I think what people forget to realise is that with Waiters, Morrow, Foye and Durant off the books this free agency, OKC could have 20 million in cap space, so they could easily strengthen their team with another star...then resign Durant & Waiters.

Durant, Westbrook & Ibaka will have the OKC owners by the balls this offseason because if they don't adequately strengthen this offseason...they could all be gone and the value of the franchise with them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:23:56 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:45:21 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I'd be surprised if KD doesn't resign with OKC. Barring Klay Thompson's historic, record breaking night in game 6, the Thunder would be in the finals.

- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
TP to SBBF above for a great username. Belongs on Deadspin, in a good way.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

good point plus he can make much more when the new collective bargaining agreement is unleashed..

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think he stays in OKC, but I am willing to say the Celtics have a better chance of landing Durant than his hometown Wizards.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference