Author Topic: NBA Finals 2015-2016 thread  (Read 161229 times)

Re: NBA Finals 2015-2016 thread
« Reply #1860 on: June 21, 2016, 02:46:39 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Things to take away from this Finals.

1.  Some folks need to apologize to Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley.  When they said Curry wouldn't be able to do what he's doing against physical defense, they were widely mocked as "haters" and out-of-touch old timers.  But both The Big O and Sir Charles were right.  Cleveland was allowed to bump, grab and touch up Curry and Thompson, turning Thompson mostly into just another guy and transforming Curry from superhuman to very, very good player.

Mike

1. Curry’s knee wasn’t right. It takes at least 2 weeks of non-stressful use for a knee sprain to heal. He had 3 or 4 days before he had to play on it again. Paul Pierce had to play with a sprained knee in the playoffs of 2012. He could drain a 3 sometimes, but wasn't his usual self.

2.The counter to what Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley said is that Curry would have goons on his team that protected him by retaliating against players that roughed him up.
Heh... after every loss they'd blame Steph's injury, but that dude was incredible in some games ... maybe he miraculously healed himself when convenient. 

It's equally incredible that Lord James was able to defy all odds and accomplish things like this in spite of his injury-riddled wrist:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd2GCwkTd38

I thought he injured that with less than a minute to go in Game 7?
He literally shot 1 of 2 from the ft line and played under 10 seconds with what I believe was a World Cup worthy injury exaggeration.

But bird is being sarcastic here I think so that should relieve some of your confusion.

I believe Steph was far from a 100%. It's not that in the good games he felt fine and the bad ones he was hurt and more that he was unhealthy and not the same player but when he got hot he's still the best shooter in the world and he can still takeover a game, it's just gonna be harder to do and happen less often and the downs will be worse than usual.

Brady's played through plenty of injuries that clearly affect him, but that hasn't prevented him from going off for quarters halves or even games. It's just that injured tom over the course of those injuries isn't a consistently dominant as not injured tom.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1861 on: June 30, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Bron is still the best player in the league.

I was mocked for this at the time I said it, less than a month ago.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #1862 on: June 30, 2016, 06:26:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Bron is still the best player in the league.

I was mocked for this at the time I said it, less than a month ago.

That 73-9 regular season was literally painful.

Thank god order was restored in the Finals.