Author Topic: ok so , back to KD to Boston.....  (Read 5737 times)

Re: ok so , back to KD to Boston.....
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I still think the most likely outcome is he signs a 2 year max with an opt out after year 1 with OKC. Whatever situation he would potentially go to would have to be better than this current team. Sorry guys, but I don't think Boston is it.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 11:57:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You think Durant goes seven against the Warriors with Isaiah thomas and Jae crowder as his teammates?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 11:57:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
You think Durant goes seven against the Warriors with Isaiah thomas and Jae crowder as his teammates?
[/quote
Depends who else the Celtics get this summer

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 11:58:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
no. Probably beats them in 6.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 11:58:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I have a feeling KD is leaving. He deferred to his teammates for most of the game. He just wants to put the blame of losing this series onto his team, say he doesn't have enough help and use it as an excuse to leave OKC. He probably has a team he plans to go to and it isn't going to be Boston.

Honestly, I hope its the Lakers so they will end up picking Bender instead of Simmons or Ingram.

KD isn't going to win it all for us anyway,  he will help win more games, but he can't win it all.

The thing is , if he signs here , we still have room for another max player (Derozen , Horford, Howard )

Plus the #3 pick which seems to be gaining value to make a trade for another star . (Cousins, Butler, Marc Gasol )

Could see something like

IT               / Rozier  pic
Butler         / Draft pick
Durant       / Crowder
KO             / Mickey
Horford     / Vet min

Plus whatever picks we keep , and vet min free agents that want to chase a ring . Then the brk pick for 17 and 18 to make more moves .

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 12:02:20 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Durant will sign a 1 year max deal in OKC.

Right. And we'll have a chance at him in 2017 if we make the conference finals and OKC doesn't

It will make for some interesting free agent decisions this year from Danny. Last years' two 2 year deals were always geared for this.. Can't bust up all that '17 cap space.

KD will want his choice to be a team with above average 3pt shooting. Dion, Westbrook, Roberson, and Serge is not getting it done. This is why, I think, the Celts should look at giving decent length deals to good shooters. Dudley spring to mind immediately (who adores Stevens, see Lowe Post). Also Teletovic (will get a BIG deal from someone), Eric Gordon, Marvin Williams (will leave for payday), Damjan Rudez, and possibly Ryan A (although KO similar skillset), or Delly (Rozier is my tip for a serious breakout year though).

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 12:02:43 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Danny still has KD on his want list......

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Lulz
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 12:05:57 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
If we trade #3 for Okafor, is that enough to convince KD to sign here, or do we need to sign Horford first?

Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Horford and Okafor as a starting 5?

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 12:07:07 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Lulz
Golden state is due for injuries.  Who cares if they can take them out. 

Add KD, Okafor and horford to this team and it'll win 82 games and sweep the playoffs. Lol.  Durant needs to come east.

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 12:10:55 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133

Lulz
Golden state is due for injuries.  Who cares if they can take them out. 

Add KD, Okafor and horford to this team and it'll win 82 games and sweep the playoffs. Lol.  Durant needs to come east.
No, but seriously. This Boston team beat GSW and almost beat them again sans Durant and whoever else we get (Butler, Okafor, etc.) Its not at all far fetched to say the Celtics plus KD and that third star could beat Golden State.

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:32 AM »

Offline adam.jones614

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
If we trade #3 for Okafor, is that enough to convince KD to sign here, or do we need to sign Horford first?

Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Horford and Okafor as a starting 5?

This is my ideal summer. plus maybe take a flier on Noah on a friendly contract?

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 12:14:53 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I have a feeling KD is leaving. He deferred to his teammates for most of the game. He just wants to put the blame of losing this series onto his team, say he doesn't have enough help and use it as an excuse to leave OKC. He probably has a team he plans to go to and it isn't going to be Boston.

Honestly, I hope its the Lakers so they will end up picking Bender instead of Simmons or Ingram.

KD isn't going to win it all for us anyway,  he will help win more games, but he can't win it all.

You lost me when you said it might be the Lakers lol

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 12:16:40 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

I mean, we've played the Warriors the best in the NBA over the last two years. It's not crazy to think that we'd beat them in a series by ONLY adding Durant this summer, let alone anyone else.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 12:23:15 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I mean, we've played the Warriors the best in the NBA over the last two years. It's not crazy to think that we'd beat them in a series by ONLY adding Durant this summer, let alone anyone else.

Yeah it's not an impossibility.