1 (3.3%)
Buddy Hield
3 (10%)
Jhalil Okafor
5 (16.7%)
Kevin Durant
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: With the 3rd pick the Celtics select  (Read 1281 times)

With the 3rd pick the Celtics select
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:59:28 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Who do you take if we can get any of these guys.  I take Bender and don't look back.  I know Durant seems like  the obvious choice but I think he should stay in OKC.  Plus he's a free agent.  I don't give up the #3 for him.  Too much bailing of players in general.  If I'm his agent I tell him to stay and work it out.   The media leaves a lot of room open for debate but I'll keep it simple myself.

There's a chance Simmons and Ingram slide too but didn't put them in this poll.  Should I?  I still take Bender interesting enough.

Re: With the 3rd pick the Celtics select
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:33 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Buddy, he can shoot the basket better then anyone on the Celtics now except IT. That's in itself says a lot.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:33:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hate to be that guy, but this topic is actually in the Latest Forum Topics section right now (without the Durant/trade part).

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=84794.0

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:43:18 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
1: Durant
2. Not on the list (Cousins)
3: Butler
4: Love
5: Hield
6: Not on the list (Dunn)
7. Poeltl
8. Brown / Ellenson
9. Labissiere

After that I don't really care to be honest, because as far as I'm concerned anybody not on that list is a waste of time, so Danny could flush the pick down the toilet for all I would care!

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:43:59 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Buddy, he can shoot the basket better then anyone on the Celtics now except including IT. That's in itself says a lot.

Fixed :)

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Buddy, he can shoot the basket better then anyone on the Celtics now except including IT. That's in itself says a lot.

Fixed :)

😎👍

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 11:37:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Going to be between brown and murray (if not traded)

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 03:21:59 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I see this as a can't lose situation for Danny. Suspect it was Okafor he almost made a deal for last trade deadline for the 3. And some of the media seem to agree. The Colangelo-Ainge-Phoenix connect probably helps at least to overcome the traditional Celtics-Sixers hostility.
Noel has also been discussed, quite the opposite of Okafor (D vs O). Hard to say what Ainge-Stevens would prefer.

Then you have Bender, who is similar to Porzingis, so you know what to expect. His main benefit is he can shoot outside over everybody. Neither of these guys is ever going to dominate inside, in my view. But both are nice players who can shoot and have the height to play inside.

The kid that has really caught my attention is Thon Maker. HS kid--but actually older than Bender--just over 19. He looks like a young version of KG--but with a 3P shot. He is more athletic than Bender, handles the ball like a PG and can play above the rim. This kid has the most upside--could be a monster player. Most drafts have him 16 and above, but I suspect this kid will get drafted in the top 10. Bigs with his skills go first in the NBA draft.

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Then you have Bender, who is similar to Porzingis, so you know what to expect. His main benefit is he can shoot outside over everybody. Neither of these guys is ever going to dominate inside, in my view. But both are nice players who can shoot and have the height to play inside.
I think Bender's main perceived benefit is his defensive versatility.  That he can shoot is a plus, of course.
The kid that has really caught my attention is Thon Maker. HS kid--but actually older than Bender--just over 19. He looks like a young version of KG--but with a 3P shot. He is more athletic than Bender, handles the ball like a PG and can play above the rim. This kid has the most upside--could be a monster player. Most drafts have him 16 and above, but I suspect this kid will get drafted in the top 10. Bigs with his skills go first in the NBA draft.
Did you say, "above the rim"?

To be fair, Bender can get up there when he needs to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxirxC2_10w

Sigh ... to be young again!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 05:53:09 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
To be fair, Bender can get up there when he needs to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxirxC2_10w

Sigh ... to be young again!

Can't believe somebody actually compiled a 25 second Youtube clip of those 2 standard dunks haha. Must be a true Bender fan.