Author Topic: Marquese Chriss  (Read 18423 times)

Re: Marquese Chriss
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 12:54:44 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
We should be able to get him at 16.

seriously doubt it. most mocks i've seen have him in top 10
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 01:03:48 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Reminds me a lot of Jeff Green.

Both great athletes with rebounding and consistency issues. Can shoot the 3 OK, should be better defenders than they are.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:18 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
As a project I prefer Davis, I think there is more defensive potential with him. Completely understand the love for Chriss though. The thing about both of them is that they are a long way from contributing in a rotation and there are a few teams in the lottery who are playoff calibre teams when healthy.

Minny could grab him at 5 but Murray or Dunn should be available at that spot who I think they would choose ahead of Chriss. NO and Sac will want guys who can contribute sooner. Denver could but again if Brown is there he would be a good fit for them. Toronto could take a project but then why not Skal?

Basically I think on draft day he won't have separated himself from the pack, not that he won't be better but he won't have time to convince teams he can improve fast enough, and each team in the top ten has another choice that seems to stack up better for them. He's a hard one to project a draft position for to be sure

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 03:34:16 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Tyrus Thomas.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 06:14:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't think Chriss has the size to compare to Amare. A more slender build and does not have the length. Looks a genuine PF. Maybe even a PF/SF. Rather than a C/PF.

Tyrus Thomas.
Exactly who I was thinking of when watching Chriss' highlights.

Also reminded me a bit of Tristan Thompson coming out of Texas. The offensive rebounding and defensive quickness being the similar characteristics. Thompson was more physical and a better man-to-man defender though. Chriss a superior shooter.

I wonder if Chriss could become an Ibaka-like player. Some shooting plus defensive talent and athleticism at PF. Maybe.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 06:28:19 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I like him but I do not like him at #3. Too raw and his career could go in too many different directions. Too much risk at #3. I like him better in the #5-10 range.

I am not sold on his offensive talent. He looks mostly like an athletic garbage man plus a spot-up perimeter shooter. I am not sure how good the rest of his game is. Certainly not a passer. Not sure what his midrange game is. I don't think his post game will translate well to the NBA. His driving game is haphazard. Lack of BBIQ. He still looks quite limited offensively despite the shooting ability. In that way, he reminds me of Ibaka as I said above.

I am a big fan of his upside defensively & as a rebounder. His offensive rebounding is very impressive and should translate well to the NBA. Defensive rebounding typically improves as players get older. I think Chriss becomes adequate (at least) as a defensive rebounder.

Chriss would be worth the #3 if he pans out ... but like I said initially, too raw and career can go in too many different directions so not sold on him at #3.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 07:13:44 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the Celtics are leaning towards taking a guard at #3, would you be willing to trade Smart plus #16 to get #5 from Minny, #6 from NOP, or #7 from DEN to get him?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Don't know anything about this guys but [dang] if the OP wasn't right.  Shot up the draft board and is now slated at #3 on draft express.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 11:57:04 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Don't know anything about this guys but [dang] if the OP wasn't right.  Shot up the draft board and is now slated at #3 on draft express.
holy cow!

I dont see it!

You cant be that terrible at rebounding and play the 4.

he would have to become a SF in my mind.

Still dont like him at 3.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 11:58:41 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He is a great athlete but his lack of basketball IQ worries me. He is the highest variance player in this draft.

I think Bender is a safer pick than Chriss, and the only place I've seen Bender play is on youtube.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I haven't seen him play yet, but I've heard comparisons to Kawhi Leonard. Is it plausible that he could turn out to be just as good as Leonord?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I haven't seen him play yet, but I've heard comparisons to Kawhi Leonard. Is it plausible that he could turn out to be just as good as Leonord?
Anything is plausible.  But Leonard is a great player so I would not bank on it.

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Anything is plausible.  But Leonard is a great player so I would not bank on it.
I doubted it as well after reading the tough remarks on his basketball IQ. Leonard is a very smart player (at least defensively), which makes it hard for me to believe that Chriss will turn out to be just as good.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Tyrus Thomas.

I agree with that.

More athlete than basketball player.

Another potential mistake at 3.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 12:31:33 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's up to 3rd on DraftExpress mock draft.

I'm shocked.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about