Author Topic: Do NBA teams teach the proper way to breathe ?  (Read 891 times)

Do NBA teams teach the proper way to breathe ?
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:52:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I have been reading a lot about the proper way to breath with exercising , or to calm yourself . I wonder if this would help at all for teams when they are in a pressure situation . Do they work on this at all or is it strictly weight training and flexibility ?  Deep breaths instead of shallow breathing .

Just like a sports psychologist , perhaps this can help Westbrook and Durant stop choking late in games  :P

Re: Do NBA teams teach the proper way to breathe ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Pretty sure they do it for free throw shooting, just watch the bad ft shooters, they are trying hard to control their breathing it's very noticeable.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:15:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

To Quote my martial arts instructor. Who specifically asked the master in China about breathing, the teacher was appalled at the question. Breathing is not something you have to think about.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

To Quote my martial arts instructor. Who specifically asked the master in China about breathing, the teacher was appalled at the question. Breathing is not something you have to think about.

Maybe , but when you are in front of 20,000 screaming fans in pressure situations it can definitely effect your breathing/anxiety level .

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 08:24:26 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I have been reading a lot about the proper way to breath with exercising , or to calm yourself . I wonder if this would help at all for teams when they are in a pressure situation . Do they work on this at all or is it strictly weight training and flexibility ?  Deep breaths instead of shallow breathing .

Just like a sports psychologist , perhaps this can help Westbrook and Durant stop choking late in games  :P

Based on the nutritional advise being given to players like Sully, I'd say no.
The only color that matters is GREEN