Author Topic: Jahlil Okafor and Amir Johnson COMBO ?  (Read 3487 times)

Re: Jahlil Okafor and Amir Johnson COMBO ?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think Okafor will be just fine with good coaching and good players around him.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Okafor and Amir on the floor at the same time?...interesting, forget about IT, Crowder, or Smart getting to the rim very much during the game. The paint will be closed for business. Both Amir and Jahlil like working close to the hoop.

The C's generally try spreading the floor, so that the paint opens up, I mean that's what Stevens and DA say anyway. I guess they'll forgo that strategy.

With Oakfor as the center the C's need a PF that can stretch the floor, and defend.   

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 09:05:11 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
The C's need something cause this 8 guard rotation is not working in the playoffs.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 01:07:54 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Do you guys think the presence of Jahlil Okafor in the paint would raise the level of Amir Johnsons game ?

If they are on the floor at the same time I think they would be a good combo 👍

Avery Bradley
Isaiah Thomas
Jae Crowder
Jahlil Okafor
Amir Johnson

This could be a pretty interesting group. With another top 10 pick next year to keep building the roster

Okafor can't move or shoot...

Amir Johnson had mninutes restrictions due to Plantar Fasciitis last year and also couldn't shoot

So, no.  I think they would be a genuinely horrible combo - there was be zero floor spacing and zero need to defend any of our bigs outside of 5 feet.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 05:43:09 AM »

Offline adam.jones614

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Scratch Amir and replace him with Horford and I think you're on to something  :laugh:

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 07:23:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Amir Johnson had mninutes restrictions due to Plantar Fasciitis last year and also couldn't shoot

He shot .585% from FG!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsam01.html

That has to be one of the silliest things,uninformed things ever said on this blog.   Now we wait for you to go spin that you were talking about threes, book it.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 11:38:16 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Scratch Amir and replace him with Horford and I think you're on to something  :laugh:

this^^^

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Okafor really had two seasons last year. He started off great as the starting center, among the rookie leaders in points and rebounds.

At some point, the management decided they wanted to see Okafor play alongside Noel. It turned out neither could play the 4. Okafor's numbers, especially rebounds, dropped significantly. Later, he went down with a knee problem, which ended his season.

Okafor's overall numbers last year are probably not representative of what he can do as a starting 5. He was put in a bad situation paired on the floor with Noel. He could not play the 4.

He would probably fare better playing the 5  alongside Amir Johnson, since Amir is more a 4 than a 5 anyways.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:34 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

He shot .585% from FG!

That has to be one of the silliest things,uninformed things ever said on this blog.   Now we wait for you to go spin that you were talking about threes, book it.

LOL! that had me actually burst out laughing, TP
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 02:24:41 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

He shot .585% from FG!

Ha.   By that logic Deandre Jordan is the best shooter in the league.   Finisher ≠ shooter.   Talk about uninformed.