Author Topic: No Okafor Without Saric  (Read 1278 times)

No Okafor Without Saric
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:30:12 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I truly hope DA refuses to trade this #3 pick to Philly for Okafor unless we also get Saric, and even then I am NOT convinced.

We are in the same division as Philly and I want to do them NO FAVORS - not just cuz they're in our division, but also because of their shameless tanking, and how it hurt our picks too.

I personally don't believe Okafor alone is worth the #3 pick, and even with Saric I am unsure. But I can swallow trading the 3rd pick if we get both. I just pray to god Danny doesn't do something dumb...

Re: No Okafor Without Saric
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I truly hope DA refuses to trade this #3 pick to Philly for Okafor unless we also get Saric, and even then I am NOT convinced.

We are in the same division as Philly and I want to do them NO FAVORS - not just cuz they're in our division, but also because of their shameless tanking, and how it hurt our picks too.

I personally don't believe Okafor alone is worth the #3 pick, and even with Saric I am unsure. But I can swallow trading the 3rd pick if we get both. I just pray to god Danny doesn't do something dumb...

Danny is not gonna do anything to hurt this team or its future. Just be prepared for Dragan Bender as the #3 pick. I don't see Danny making this trade.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 01:56:36 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Okafor is the 2nd or 3rd best rookie in his draft class. He is worth more than the 3rd pick. Like 3rd and rozier.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Can Okafor shoot the 3 ?

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
Okafor is the 2nd or 3rd best rookie in his draft class. He is worth more than the 3rd pick. Like 3rd and rozier.

Umm, no, not really. His advanced stats show he's garbage. Plays no D and can't rebound, and he's also a knuckehead. Plus, "traditional centers" are not in vogue these days. Nopey.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
What? Towns, Porzingis, Booker, Turner...
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
What? Towns, Porzingis, Booker, Turner...
Towns is a no brainer, Zinger is pretty clear cut. Id also give Russell and Booker the edge.

Id take Okafor over Turner at this point, but that could easily change and Turner gets a bump in his value because his skillset fits much better in the modern game.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
While I understand your premise and dont necessarily disagree, I think Philly demands a starter and the pick which would be Bradley most likely. Then we get Saric and a future first (2018) thrown in as a counter. My bigger question is this, 'is Saric a starter on our team'? If he is then maybe its a good trade. Otherwise I dont do it.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If the Sixers get Dunn it will be a huge jumpstart on them starting to win some games...

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Not sure what more you want from a 19 yo NBA rookie.  15/7.5 in 30 mpg is top notch rookie offense at the center position.  As one of the few offensive threats Philly had to offer, JO wasn't ignored by defenses.  He is 6'11", 275 and won't turn 21 till mid-December.  His body strength isn't close to where it will be 5 years from now.   He is about as sure a predictable future perennial 20/10 guy as you could possibly be.   
 And judging a 19/20 yo for defense against full-grown  men is a bit unfair and premature to presume he won't improve.  Regarding character, Coach K was glowing in praise for him and it's at least possible if not likely that CBS would be great for his development as a player and as a person.

He is absolutely, at this moment in time, more of a sure thing than any of the top 5 prospects in this draft including Simmons  and Ingram.

Danny knows way better than me, so if he pulls the trigger for Okafor, I'll  be all in.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not sure what more you want from a 19 yo NBA rookie.  15/7.5 in 30 mpg is top notch rookie offense at the center position.  As one of the few offensive threats Philly had to offer, JO wasn't ignored by defenses.  He is 6'11", 275 and won't turn 21 till mid-December.  His body strength isn't close to where it will be 5 years from now.   He is about as sure a predictable future perennial 20/10 guy as you could possibly be.   
 And judging a 19/20 yo for defense against full-grown  men is a bit unfair and premature to presume he won't improve.  Regarding character, Coach K was glowing in praise for him and it's at least possible if not likely that CBS would be great for his development as a player and as a person.

He is absolutely, at this moment in time, more of a sure thing than any of the top 5 prospects in this draft including Simmons  and Ingram.

Danny knows way better than me, so if he pulls the trigger for Okafor, I'll  be all in.

TP for being one of the few people on the board who gets it. The same people who keep asserting that Okafor won't develop keep pimping a Euro who hasn't done a thing, against inferior competition, to suggest he'll have a meaningful career.

I would do the 3 for Okafor in a blink of an eye.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown

TP for being one of the few people on the board who gets it. The same people who keep asserting that Okafor won't develop keep pimping a Euro who hasn't done a thing, against inferior competition, to suggest he'll have a meaningful career.

I would do the 3 for Okafor in a blink of an eye.

Unfortunately, I'd say neither of you to get it  :-\ if you look at just PPG and RPG, where he got 17/7 which is okay but not great, and on a VERY BAD TEAM where someone had to get stats, and not looking at advanced statistics (the team's offense is worse with him on the floor) then you guys aren't even scratching the surface just looking at cosmetic statistics.