Author Topic: Westbrook is a nightmare  (Read 8794 times)

Westbrook is a nightmare
« on: May 30, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
After watching game 6 and countless other Westbrook 4th quarter meltdowns I have come to the conclusion that you can't have him on your basketball team and win a championship.

He is too good to sit in the last few minutes.  His ego probably could not handle it either.

I also think if Durant has any brain cells he is gone(I'm not convinced he has many(him or Westbrook)).  He will never win with Westbrook on the team and he will not win in OKC if they trade him.  Because if they trade Westbrook they will never get back equal talent for him.

Here we go I've got a plan.  Durant leaves and in a desperation bid to rebuild we trade the Dallas pick and next years Brooklyn swap for Steven Adams.

Oh and Durant is not coming to the Celtics.  UNLESS we got him in a KG type deal.  Trade the house for an all-star then Durant comes in to be the new big 3.  That is the only scenario.  He will never come to this team as is.

Back to reality honestly I'd hate to be an OKC fan.  Imagine watching Westbrook play everyday you'd have blood pressure issues.  Like Antoine Walker times 10.

Prediction for tonight? Golden State in an easy one.  I can't imagine Westbrook having the mental fortitude to keep his cool in this game 7.

Re: Westbrook is a nightmare
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'd take him. Westbrook has the same personality as Rondo, or Kobe, or Iverson, or even Jordan.

They are uber-competitive and march to the beat of their own drum.

You can't control them as players.

You just have to put yourself in position to unleash them on the other team.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
I'd take him. Westbrook has the same personality as Rondo, or Kobe, or Iverson, or even Jordan.

They are uber-competitive and march to the beat of their own drum.

You can't control them as players.

You just have to put yourself in position to unleash them on the other team.

Putting Westbrook in the same sentence as Kobe, Iverson, and/or Jordan means you are way to young to have ever seen any of them play in their primes.

And who wants Rondo on their team?  Nobody that's who.

Kobe and Jordan were ICE cold.  Nothing rattled them.  Westbrook reminds me of the dog from UP  "SQUIRREL!!".

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:14:04 PM by Phil125 »

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think I see Westbrook trying too much and making bad decisions. He needs to stay in PG mode to be dangerous.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Hes the reason why they are playing in a game 7. games 3 and 4 he was unbelievable.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Westbrook can single handedly win or lose you games. IMO, Curry is a better player because he's far more consistent but when Westbrook is on his game, he can dominate a game on both ends. That's something only Lebron can do currently.

- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 02:03:48 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
games 3 and 4 he was unbelievable.

Yes he has the talent to win multiple titles in this league.  If only he had the discipline.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 02:06:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
After watching game 6 and countless other Westbrook 4th quarter meltdowns I have come to the conclusion that you can't have him on your basketball team and win a championship.

He is too good to sit in the last few minutes.  His ego probably could not handle it either.

I also think if Durant has any brain cells he is gone(I'm not convinced he has many(him or Westbrook)).  He will never win with Westbrook on the team and he will not win in OKC if they trade him.  Because if they trade Westbrook they will never get back equal talent for him.

Here we go I've got a plan.  Durant leaves and in a desperation bid to rebuild we trade the Dallas pick and next years Brooklyn swap for Steven Adams.

Oh and Durant is not coming to the Celtics.  UNLESS we got him in a KG type deal.  Trade the house for an all-star then Durant comes in to be the new big 3.  That is the only scenario.  He will never come to this team as is.

Back to reality honestly I'd hate to be an OKC fan.  Imagine watching Westbrook play everyday you'd have blood pressure issues.  Like Antoine Walker times 10.

Prediction for tonight? Golden State in an easy one.  I can't imagine Westbrook having the mental fortitude to keep his cool in this game 7.
Being an OKC fan is hard?

The team came into existence with Kevin Durant on the roster.

They have been good like every year. They made a finals and lost to a prime Lebron James, now they push the 73 win GS Warriors to game 7 and its tough to be a OKC fan. What???

The only teams more succesful than OKC since their existence are Miami, Dallas, LA and San Antonio.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday

They have been good like every year. They made a finals and lost to a prime Lebron James, now they push the 73 win GS Warriors to game 7 and its tough to be a OKC fan. What???

The only teams more succesful than OKC since their existence are Miami, Dallas, LA and San Antonio.

Would you rather lose because you just weren't good enough or because you have an idiot on your team?

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

sure one can put into question his mentality, decision making(especially late game situations) but to claim that you would hate to be an OKC fan...just ask guys in philly, LA or Brooklyn.
and there is a game 7 tonight you know.
when i watch him play i just remember the alleged Rondo straight up for Westbrook trade and i shed a little tear inside.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 02:31:12 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Would you rather lose because you just weren't good enough or because you have an idiot on your team?

I'd rather be in a position to lose (or win) the conference Finals in game 7 because the team is a legit contender rather than wishing for lottery balls every year. Or worse, sucking but having all those lottery balls go to another team.

I would trade our best player in IT4 for Russell Westbrook straight up. No question.

- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday

I would trade our best player in IT4 for Russell Westbrook straight up. No question.

Not me I'd rather lose than watch Russell Westbrook or Boogie play in green.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Thunder would not be within a game of eliminating a 73 win opponent, after defeating a 67 win opponent, if it were not for Russell Westbrook.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The Thunder would not be within a game of eliminating a 73 win opponent, after defeating a 67 win opponent, if it were not for Russell Westbrook.

For sure, but it also doesn't mean he doesn't have some flaws.  I would not say he will never will a championship but he is a questionable guy in some ways.  Sure many players are but I will never love his game as talented as he is.

Chris Paul is an example of another fantastic player that I'm not sure I'd love on my team (seems like a jerk and control freak, to the detriment of the team as great of a PG as he is).  I do think Westbrook can get hated on too much but I think it's easy to see why some don't like him all that much.

Calling him a "nightmare" is silly because when he's on he's a pretty dominate player.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

I am SICK and TIRED of people blaming RW rather than KD!!!  KD did NOT score ONE stinking basket the ENTIRE FOURTH quarter!!!  He had two points to RW's 8 points.

Smitty77