Author Topic: If C's Can't Get a Star, Who Do you Want to Trade For?  (Read 7601 times)

Re: If C's Can't Get a Star, Who Do you Want to Trade For?
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Favors and Hayward for 3, 16, 23 and 31.
Neither one is worth rhe 3rd overall but together they are worth all those picks. Hayward and Favors are great fits. Each are good 2nd option guys. It boost the teams overall talent. Start IT, AB, Hayward, Favors and KO. Bring Rozier, Smart, Crowder, JJ and AJ off the bench for a 10 deep team.
I'd trade #3 for Favors or Hayward, especially Hayward.  If you find one of those guys at #3 you've done just fine.  If you pick Jaylen Brown and he blossoms into Hayward, you're happy.  If you pick Bender and he becomes a Favors-caliber player it's a small miracle.  Why not take the sure thing?

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 10:41:45 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Smart and AB and #23 and late 2nd for Oladipo.

The problem....Orlando wouldn't go for it.

You are crazy.
future all star for future staters (and it's possible that in Smart's case that is very kind)

Orlando wouldn't do it. They have Hezonia and Elfrid P and just don't need a trade like this at all. That's why you have to add the picks on to make it make any sense for them

Orlando would make that trade in a heartbeat.  You are crazy.  I am not sure I would trade AB straight up for Oladipo. 

Look:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2016&p1=oladivi01&y2=2016&p2=bradlav01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Orlando would deff take that trade and run. Smart is arguably as valuable as Oladipo by himself. So is AB. The two of them plus a 1st is a big overpay. Plus trading AB means trading one of your two or three best deep shooters, and I'm not sure Oladipo is a good enough shooter to make up for it.

I do like Oladipo though. I would deff be okay with a trade for him, but it would have to be a fair deal.

Bradley, 16 and 35 is a little much, but if your looking to grab Oladipo it's a fair offer. We need to consolidate picks anyways.

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Neither one is worth rhe 3rd overall but together they are worth all those picks. Hayward and Favors are great fits. Each are good 2nd option guys. It boost the teams overall talent. Start IT, AB, Hayward, Favors and KO. Bring Rozier, Smart, Crowder, JJ and AJ off the bench for a 10 deep team.

Gordon Hayward is absolutely worth the 3 overall. Made a thread about us trading for him earlier this week. He averages something like 20 ppg 5reb and 4 ast per game and has improved every year since coming into the league. Only reason you dont hear about him is because Utah gets zero media coverage. It makes too much sense for us to not look into trading for him. Butler coached Hayward in college.

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Gordon Hayward is absolutely worth the 3 overall. Made a thread about us trading for him earlier this week. He averages something like 20 ppg 5reb and 4 ast per game and has improved every year since coming into the league. Only reason you dont hear about him is because Utah gets zero media coverage. It makes too much sense for us to not look into trading for him. Butler coached Hayward in college.
Agree.  Hayward is a legit go-to scorer.  He's not Lebron or KD, but he does a decent Klay Thompson impression.  He's smart, tough and coachable.  A very nice tier 2 scorer.  Getting Hayward would be a big win.

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Celtics are weakest up front at the 4 and 5. If they are to get better, they must upgrade at those positions. Players like Zeller, Sullinger and Olynyk are expendable. Even Johnson is expendable at his salary option. The guys I would hold onto are Mickey and Jerebko. Possibly Johnson.

They need to retool up front with somebody who can score and somebody who can rebound and block shots--protect the rim.

If they have to re-sign Sullinger and keep Olynyk, it will mean to me they haven't upgraded enough to get to the next level.

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2016, 11:38:29 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
The Celtics are weakest up front at the 4 and 5. If they are to get better, they must upgrade at those positions. Players like Zeller, Sullinger and Olynyk are expendable. Even Johnson is expendable at his salary option. The guys I would hold onto are Mickey and Jerebko. Possibly Johnson.

They need to retool up front with somebody who can score and somebody who can rebound and block shots--protect the rim.

If they have to re-sign Sullinger and keep Olynyk, it will mean to me they haven't upgraded enough to get to the next level.
Yup.  Hard to disagree with this.  Even if, by some miracle, we acquired Butler and KD, we still have gaping holes at 4 and 5.