Author Topic: best value at #3  (Read 4039 times)

best value at #3
« on: May 29, 2016, 05:41:43 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Would be to trade #3 to the 4th or 5th picking team for a player and draft Murray or Heild at 4 or 5

Re: best value at #3
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:53:13 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We can get one of those guys at three if that's the case.  And what do you expect to get for trading back?  And why is a team moving up to three if they can just draft one of these guys where they are.  And I'll wait for you to say they're moving up to get bender.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Would be to trade #3 to the 4th or 5th picking team for a player and draft Murray or Heild at 4 or 5

No, this is not the NFL. Trading down doesn't make sense unless it involves a quality player coming back.  Best value at #3 is best player which I believe is Bender.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
I'm not gonna mention any names just so it can be picked apart. I just feel trading out of #3 to either the Wolves or Pelicans for their pick would give us the most value as we can get more then one good player out of the deal rather then just picking one player at 3
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:33:55 PM by PaulP34 »

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 06:32:38 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

No, this is not the NFL. Trading down doesn't make sense unless it involves a quality player coming back.  Best value at #3 is best player which I believe is Bender.

Yeah but that's you. Not everyone feels like Bender is the best option. If Danny has the option to trade out of #3 to the Pelicans in a package for say Ryan Anderson and still grab a Murray, Brown, Heild at 5-6 so we don't reach to high for these guys at 3 and still walk away with valuable assets, you pull that trigger. I'd rather do this then take a shot in the dark at Bender who's promising but still a unknown value at the #3 pick.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Yeah but that's you. Not everyone feels like Bender is the best option. If Danny has the option to trade out of #3 to the Pelicans in a package for say Ryan Anderson and still grab a Murray, Brown, Heild at 5-6 so we don't reach to high for these guys at 3 and still walk away with valuable assets, you pull that trigger. I'd rather do this then take a shot in the dark at Bender who's promising but still a unknown value at the #3 pick.
We will know more after Bender works out for us. If we do trade down we need to trade up with some of our other picks. 3 rooks is enough with 3 rooks from last year plus Young. That only leaves with 8 vets on the roster. Hopefully Portland and NY will give us a second for a second in the future.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 06:57:22 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
For this draft, the level of talent between pick #3 and pick #5 isn't big enough for other teams to lose assets over.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 07:08:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm not gonna mention any names just so it can be picked apart. I just feel trading out of #3 to either the Wolves or Pelicans for their pick would give us the most value as we can get more then one good player out of the deal rather then just picking one player at 3
What?!?  You're not going to mention any names? 

Either way, what do you think the wolves or the Pelicans think about getting more than one good player?  Again, if you're right what's the incentive to move up for those teams? 

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think trading down is the best value. If you like a player that you think you can get at #5 you just take them at #3. Danny will have every player rated and will take what he thinks is the best player.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 07:26:57 PM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

I agree, that's my opinion. My point is Ainge should take who he thinks is BPA. Trading down with only draft picks involved, which I've heard suggested many times, isn't going to happen. Higher NBA picks are exponentially more valuable than lower ones. Adding quality players, such as your hypothetical does make it more realistic though

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I can see moving down with PHO (#4 and #13) or DEN (#7 and #15), then moving #16 and #23 for future picks or vets. Then take a couple flyers at #31 and #35.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Assuming the team you trade to will take Bender, it's a surefire win.  If you trade to 5 and the other teams take Dunn and Murray 3 and 4, you may have screwed yourself.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I believe Ryan Anderson is a free agent so we can just sign him.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
I can see moving down with PHO (#4 and #13) or DEN (#7 and #15), then moving #16 and #23 for future picks or vets. Then take a couple flyers at #31 and #35.

I'm only doing Phoenix at 4 and 13. Then, I trade those two for a top 10 pick this year or a first next year.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
This may not be true. A team like Phoenix, Denver or New Orleans may fall in love with Bender and would be willing to trade a player plus their pick to move up a couple of spots.

For this draft, the level of talent between pick #3 and pick #5 isn't big enough for other teams to lose assets over.