Author Topic: Crazy Durant Idea  (Read 967 times)

Crazy Durant Idea
« on: May 29, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I think it all comes down to whether or not KD is willing to leave OKC. I perfectly understand if he wants to finish what he started and resign with OKC, but if he is willing to jump ship and chase championships, seriously think of the possibilities we could offer him. Many people say he won't even consider us due to the fact that we don't have another superstar in place, but take a look at our assets. We could easily have Butler or Cousins right now if we wanted, it would just mortgage our whole promising future away for the pleasure of losing in the ECF. But if KD is wants to come on board, I have no doubt in my mind that Ainge would be able to create a super team. Think if we offered the Kings Amir, KO(who is a perfect fit next to WCS), #3, #16, #31, #45, 2017 BRK pick swap, 2018 BKN 1st, and 2019 BOS 1st for Boogie. That would give the Kings so many future assets and the ability to start fresh with a new coach and serious young talent and picks. Sign Horford who was connected to the Celtics at the deadline and would be leaving a team stuck in mediocrity who was rumored to be willing to tear it down and trade him this season. That gives us an insane team with multiple lineups to throw out there creating huge mismatches

Starters       Big           Small
IT               Smart        IT
AB              Crowder     AB
KD              KD            Crowder
Horford       Horford      KD
Cousins       Cousins      Cousins

If KD decides it is time to move on from OKC, I think it is clear that with our assets and cap space, we are the best option for him to be the man and win both now and the in the future.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Re: Crazy Durant Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
if Ainge offered all of that for Cousins---he should be tarred and feathered.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 02:54:20 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Yes it's a severe overpay, but that's the point. We don't need to find a team who's desperate to trade their superstar and rebuild. That offer would basically force them to accept.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 03:15:19 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
If Durant said to Ainge, "go get DC and Horford and I pinky-promise to sign with you," I'm all in. Otherwise, all I've got is DC and no future assets. 

Note: A regular promise won't count. Has to be a pinky-promise. 

Mike

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Surely we can find someone other than Cousins in that scenario who would be just as serviceable but without giving away EVERY asset we have...

...yeah, yeah, I know, stop calling you Shirley

:D

Rak