Author Topic: Nice. Durant definitely coming to Boston.  (Read 4205 times)

Nice. Durant definitely coming to Boston.
« on: May 29, 2016, 04:53:26 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Pheww. That was close. Almost lost Durant to success. Not now. The Warrior's are going to show them what happens when you can't finish out game 6 at home.

Now we can move forward and plan the team with Durant as it should be. The East needs another beast to compete with Lebron. How weak is the NBA that James gets a cakewalk to the Finals every year.

Amir Olynyk
 Crowder Sabonis
 Durant  Turner
 Bradley Hield
 Thomas Smart

Re: Nice. Durant definitely coming to Boston.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 04:57:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

What would you do with the Draft pick if we did indeed land Durant.

If we signed his buddy Horford we could go with Bender.

Horford
 Bender
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 05:16:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

What would you do with the Draft pick if we did indeed land Durant.

If we signed his buddy Horford we could go with Bender.

Horford
 Bender
 Durant
 Bradley
 Thomas
Or trade Rozier, AJ, JJ, 3, 16, 23 and 31 for Favors and Hayward then sign KD and Gasol.

IT/Smart
Hayward/AB
KD/Crowder
Favors/Mickey
Pau/KO

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:14:38 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
the ol reverse-reverse jinx.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thing is, we are not closer to a title than OKC.   We do not even have a guy remotely close to Westbrook.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 07:56:29 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Why would anyone WANT KD here??  He is the anti-thesis of an Alpha male.  He is an Omega male that THINKS he is an Alpha male.  He single-handedly BLEW that game.  He take the WORST, most off balance shots in the last 3 minutes of any player in the last 3 decades!!!

I would be FINE getting him IF he understood that late game shots would be for someone else.  That could be IT or the true Alpha male that we sign to go along with KD.

Don't get me wrong.  Durant is a stellar player UNTIL crunch time.

Wow, that was a HISTORIC CHOKE on your HOME court.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Thing is, we are not closer to a title than OKC.   We do not even have a guy remotely close to Westbrook.
Thank you TP

We will have to sign or trade for another front line player before Durant considers us i'm afraid.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 08:15:33 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sadly I think there is 0% chance Durant comes here. :'(

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Maybe he gets frustrated playing with Westbrook who will sign with his hometown Lakers in '17

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 11:41:23 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Why would anyone WANT KD here??  He is the anti-thesis of an Alpha male.  He is an Omega male that THINKS he is an Alpha male.  He single-handedly BLEW that game.  He take the WORST, most off balance shots in the last 3 minutes of any player in the last 3 decades!!!

I would be FINE getting him IF he understood that late game shots would be for someone else.  That could be IT or the true Alpha male that we sign to go along with KD.

Smitty77

This is the definition of an overreaction.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 11:44:27 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Smitty77

Ummmm, there are 30 GMs out there that disagree with you. Any team would LOVE to have KD.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible

Smitty77

Uhmmm, KD can shoot...like he can REALLY shoot. And score. Our team. They don't do the shooting or scoring thing all that well.

Good players choke all the time. Curry wasn't clutch when he played us in his own gym. I would still want him on this team. Same applies to KD.

TP to the OP for making this RIGHT after Game 6. It made me chuckle.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
OP is underthinking this one.

I mean, of course Durant is coming here. But did you see him chatting with Steph Curry? Well, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Durant after the game last night at 31 Flavors and asked him what they were talking about.

Turns out that Durant has already decided that he's coming to Boston, and that Westbrook is coming with him next year. They were just confirming that Steph Curry would also join them the following year, with Curry moving to the SG spot. Curry realizes that he's going to have to take a pay cut and be willing to play behind IT, but apparently, he's cool with it. When he came to Boston, he took one look at the Celtics banners and said, "I want those." After we beat them in GS, his mind was made up.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't think Durant is coming here one way or the other. but that's ok after this series i'm kinda souring on him. not as much as smitty77 but after the game last night, those final mins. I kept saying Durant needs to come up with a play...anything. and he really did not look like one of the greats he should be at this point. this was the game, this was the stage for him to make his mark and crawled in a hole and folded.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 12:36:43 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12

Smitty77

This is the definition of an overreaction.

Overreaction or not, out of the superstars in the league today, KD is probably the most weak minded and most likely to crumble under pressure. Unless he plays along side someone of his caliber, who can really take over the game when necessary, I don't see him winning a championship.

The thought of KD being beta isn't stemmed from this past OKC loss, it's been a continued criticism for him. He has the ability to hit a clutch shot at the end of the game, but that's a bit different from being truly clutch when the game is on the line; i.e. playing under control while being under pressure.

I watched most of the OKC games this year's playoffs. He's had poor shot selection and is turnover prone. I guess he scores enough that it wipes it away. 

I understand that everyone wants him, but winning it all with KD would require more than a 'good', or even 'really good', supporting cast.