Author Topic: Nice. Durant definitely coming to Boston.  (Read 4172 times)

Re: Nice. Durant definitely coming to Boston.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 12:37:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
who would want KD to be the main man after that epic choke last night. He is and will always be an also ran, and not the main guy.

A lot has been said about Westbrook not deferring more to KD in OKC. Well, maybe Westbrook knows his teammate more than we do. If KD was a true leader, he should demand the ball and assert himself and not wait for Westbrook to defer to him. That is what leaders do. He is too low energy (to borrow a Trumpism) to be  a leader.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I would be very surprised if Durant ended up in Boston but very happy.  This one is not that hard.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 12:56:15 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I thought Durant made some poor decisions, but my main impression of OKC in the last couple of minutes was that the whole team lost its poise. Everyone was out of position. When Durant got the ball, there was no spacing and he immediately was in trouble. I'm not sure he had another option other than calling time out.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 01:37:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
who would want KD to be the main man after that epic choke last night. He is and will always be an also ran, and not the main guy.

A lot has been said about Westbrook not deferring more to KD in OKC. Well, maybe Westbrook knows his teammate more than we do. If KD was a true leader, he should demand the ball and assert himself and not wait for Westbrook to defer to him. That is what leaders do. He is too low energy (to borrow a Trumpism) to be  a leader.

Yes why would anyone want a guy who averages 28 and 8 every night because he had a poor 5 minutes at the end of 1 playoff game.

Anyone who doesn't want KD on this team and would trade anyone/anything to do it is delusional.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Kevin Durant is not the type of man to jump to a team just to win a championship. Maybe towards the end of his career I can see him joining a top ranked team just to get that ring and experience the finals win. The thing I love about Kevin is that he's a loyal guy and loyal to his fans. This is why I say he's not gonna leave OKC. Boston's gotta find their own version of KD. They will but its gonna be through the draft. Celtics will be a great team again bit again, its gonna take time to draft and develop players. 4-5 years from now I can see Boston as the deepest team in the league. Gotta be patient.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
SSHHHH BEFORE YOU JINX IT.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I thought Durant made some poor decisions, but my main impression of OKC in the last couple of minutes was that the whole team lost its poise. Everyone was out of position. When Durant got the ball, there was no spacing and he immediately was in trouble. I'm not sure he had another option other than calling time out.

Too many people are putting the full blame on OKC and KD and Westbrook specifically, but I don't see people giving the GS team, especially AI and Green, their just due for the defense they played down the stretch. That team fought [dang] hard on both ends of the floor, even Curry came up with some huge defensive plays and offensive rebounds down the stretch. AI had some key defensive stops on KD in the last few minutes too. Gotta give GS some credit here.

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm definitely winning the lottery this week....

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 02:15:53 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Westbrook does commit a lot of turnovers.
I don't see how we can get Durant at this point, but I would love it if we did.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Plot twist- Durant's going to the Warriors after losing to them being up 3-1.  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)