Poll

Who Would you rather draft at 3 and why?

Jaylen Brown
22 (17.1%)
Dragan Bender
65 (50.4%)
Buddy Hield
14 (10.9%)
Kris Dunn
11 (8.5%)
Jamal Murray
17 (13.2%)
Marquese Chriss
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Author Topic: Poll: If we pick at 3, who you taking and why? Brown/Bender/Hield/Dunn/Murray  (Read 19740 times)

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Rumor is that Austin Ainge went to see Bender in Israel and they love him..

Danny and Austin were both in Israel this weekend, to scout him during Maccabi's practice sessions (they are in their playoffs).
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Buddy.  I think he gives us better options

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Why do I fear that Buddy = Morrison?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Today I feel like you take Murray and then trade AB and JJ for Ibaka. Week it changes between Bender and Murray.

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86

Yeah I feel like Hield's cieling is JJ Reddick which is to say I think he will be a solid 4th option on a good team but is that worth the 3rd pick?

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Yeah I feel like Hield's cieling is JJ Reddick which is to say I think he will be a solid 4th option on a good team but is that worth the 3rd pick?

I like Buddy's elite shooting.  We need that right away.   

His floor might be a JJ Redick type, hard to say.   That said, I do believe one of these guys is going to have a DWade-esque career arc, hopefully Ainge can figure out who. 

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I like Buddy's elite shooting.  We need that right away.   

His floor might be a JJ Redick type, hard to say.   That said, I do believe one of these guys is going to have a DWade-esque career arc, hopefully Ainge can figure out who.

Floor=worst-case scenario.  Scoring is the college skill that is least likely to translate to the NBA, so Hield's floor is probably a decent but not great shooter who is a defensive liability.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I picked Bender because, despite perhaps having the greatest bust potential of the upper-level candidates, I also see him as having the greatest boom potential.

And because, unless a team has LeBron or Curry, it still takes a legit big to win titles in the NBA. We already have a good scoring guard in IT, a good defensive guard in Smart, and a pretty good all-around guard in AB. Time to address the frontcourt.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm torn between Brown and Bender. I really like what I see and read about both. High character and high ceiling young guys who play very different positions but both potential fits in Stevens' system. 

Jaylen Brown:
https://theundefeated.com/features/jaylen-brown-the-2016-nba-drafts-renaissance-man/

Dragan Bender:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/european-dispatch--getting-to-know-dragan-bender-195451386.html

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
I'm torn between Brown and Bender. I really like what I see and read about both. High character and high ceiling young guys who play very different positions but both potential fits in Stevens' system. 

Jaylen Brown:
https://theundefeated.com/features/jaylen-brown-the-2016-nba-drafts-renaissance-man/

Dragan Bender:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/european-dispatch--getting-to-know-dragan-bender-195451386.html

Bender scares the heck out of me. Brown at least you know is going to be startable for years to come, its a really tough decision. Hopefully teams fall in love with players plike Dunn, Brown, Bender and Hield and we trade the pick.

I don't envy danny

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

If you like Bender, you must not read stats.

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum

Agree.

Did you guys see that Marquese Chriss is not ranked 3rd on Draft Express?

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Agree.

Did you guys see that Marquese Chriss is now ranked 3rd on Draft Express?

Yeah.  That's pretty out-of-left-field.

They dropped Brown all the way down to #7 and also moved Simmons back into #1, over Ingram.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Agree.

Did you guys see that Marquese Chriss is now ranked 3rd on Draft Express?

Yeah.  That's pretty out-of-left-field.

They dropped Brown all the way down to #7 and also moved Simmons back into #1, over Ingram.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
worth noting that that is a mock draft. In their big board (which they havent updated since the 27th) Chriss is 11th, Brown 5th, and Ingram 1st.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Chriss looks great in mix tapes, much like Brown. 

I don't see the appeal of either at #3.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain