Poll

Who are you rooting for in the WCF game 7?

Thunder
9 (17.6%)
Warriors
42 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: GAME 7: who you got?  (Read 7448 times)

Re: GAME 7: who you got?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
I wonder which team has more pressure on it. GS has a ton because they won 73 games and not making the Finals would be kind of a disaster. Plus they're playing at home so they should win. That's a lot of pressure.

But OKC went up 3-1 in the WCF after beating a 67-win team. They looked like they were rolling right along. To lose 3 straight, even to this Warriors team, is going to look like a choke. Are they going to be playing to win or just playing to not lose 3 in a row?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
I wonder which team has more pressure on it. GS has a ton because they won 73 games and not making the Finals would be kind of a disaster. Plus they're playing at home so they should win. That's a lot of pressure.

But OKC went up 3-1 in the WCF after beating a 67-win team. They looked like they were rolling right along. To lose 3 straight, even to this Warriors team, is going to look like a choke. Are they going to be playing to win or just playing to not lose 3 in a row?

Usually if you blow a 3-1 series lead, you'd get all the pressure. And this is at GSW house now. Pressure's on OKC.

They had two chances to beat them in Game 5 and 6. I would understand if they lose Game 5 on the road, but can't defend home court in the following game? Yikes!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 05:21:46 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
GS wins.

Then we either get a GS win, followed by months of articles about how they are the greatest team ever OR Cleveland wins and we get months of articles on Lebron bringing a ring to the Land Either way, its months of arse kissing articles by ESPN and a future  for 30 for 30.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Thunder. That team is just way too talented to lose 3 in a row. Also I think the thunder match up better with the cavs and I really don't want lebron to win.

Ironically, I think the EXACT opposite of this.  I just don't see how Golden State loses a game 7 in their building.  Their shooting is just too lethal, and they're as close to unstoppable as it gets in their gym.  I'll say this, if they want any chance Durant and Westbrook have to shoot better obviously....their shooting the last 2 games has been atrocious, it really shouldn't be all that surprising that they're blowing this.

And I actually think Golden State matches up better against the Cavs than the Thunder do.  Lebron has owned Durant throughout his career.
Agree .........I want OKC to susceed ......they have great physical talent........but no plan to close the deal ......too much hero ball.........even their coach doubts their ability to Finish the job

I think Warriors mental makeup ......gives them a slight edge over LeBron ....who has a history of falling apart when things go poorly for him.

Great point about the mental makeup.  The Warriors have already proven and are continuing to prove in this series that they're an incredibly mentally strong team.  When their backs have been against the wall, they've delivered.  Just look at tonight...in the biggest game of Durant and Westbrook's lives, combined they missed 38 shots including 1-13 from 3...meanwhile Curry and Thompson went 17-31 from 3

And in the 4th quarter, Curry and Thompson combined went 8-14 for 25 points and no turnovers.  On the flip side, Durant and Westbrook combined to go 3-14 for 12 points and 6 turnovers.  The superstars of OKC totally choked this game away and the two superstars for Golden State showed up when it mattered.

I think the reason that RW played so poorly is that he was PRESSING trying to make up for KD who was absolutely HORRIBLE in the 4th.  KD has ZERO baskets and 2 FT's.  Two freaking points.  At least Russell hit a couple of shots in the 4th and was taking the ball to the rack (unlike Charmin soft KD) and he had 8 points in the 4th.  8 points to 2.

Come on.  Tell the entire story please.  RW is an Alpha male that simply tried to do too much last night and KD is the anti-Alpha male, an Omega male.

Smitty77
Pretty much on point but the problem with RW is that he want's to do it by himself alone, he want all the flashlight and you don't/can't do it on this level wc finals. And I pretty sure he will never understand that. As a pg he has to involve his teammates, he can't be that selfish...

Durant was 10-31 last night, 3 TOs, and Westbrook was 10-27, 5 TOs. The numbers don't lie, they both sucked equally last night, a combined 20-58 from the field (34%).

On the other hand, Adams and Kanter were a combined 7-10 (70%) from the field, yet only got the ball when they caught airballs from their teammates in the 4th quarter last night. That is why this Thunder team won't win a championship. KD you can sort of excuse, he's a 6'9 SF who's job is to score, but Westbrook is your point guard, he should absolutely be held responsible for not giving the ball to Adams or Kanter down low at least a few times in the 4th to take advantage of their length over GS, and to , you know, open up the floor for himself and Durant???

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2016, 05:34:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm pulling for OKC because they have never won a championship.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Curry appears to be closer to 100 % ....he is moving good again.

That come back seemed light a fire in the Warriors eyes and OKC looked a bit demoralized afterward.

Warriors seem to have woken up last night and realized winning and another title is within their grasp.

OKC ......with the huge  choke job last night.

I think the momentum has swung HUGE during the forth quarter bombing of OKC .

Going to  be hard for OKC to regain upper hand away.

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
The shooting in this series is been kind of crazy.

Curry is shooting only .417 from the floor but .391 from 3-Point. So he's making his jumpers but he's not getting the easy stuff I guess. Klay Thompson is similar, shooting only .426 from the floor but .387 from 3-Point. Draymond isn't hitting from anywhere and Barnes has been incredibly efficient, shooting .500 from the floor and .600 from 3-Point but he's averaging only 9.3 points. Why have they not been able to lean on Barnes more if he's been hitting? Makes me wonder about his free agency.

Regarding tomorrow's game, Curry has only shot over .450 once this series (game 2). I'd bet on a good Curry game and that will be great for the Warriors.

Durant has not shot well at all, .409 from the floor and .257 from 3-Point. Westbrook hasn't really been better (.404 and .314) but he's averaging 11 apg on the series and only turning it over a little bit more (4.67 to 3.83). Durant is usually a strong passer but is averaging less than 3 assists.

Durant has had 2 games this series shooting over .610 but has shot under .390 the other 4 games. It's been feast or famine with him, but over the 6 games the Thunder are 1-1 when he shoots well and 2-2 when he shoots poorly. So who knows?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

This isn't a participation award though. You gotta earn an NBA championship.

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2016, 08:51:56 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

If they can win game seven in Oakland, they'd be taking a mighty big step towards earning it. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2016, 08:56:57 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I'm rooting for OKC.

But in all likelihood, GSW will blow the Thunder out in game 7.
- LilRip

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2016, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think the Warriors win by two or three possessions, but it'll be close for most of the second half.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2016, 09:57:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm rooting for the ownership group that stole the Sonics from Seattle to lose.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I didn't even pick OKC to win two games, but I think they'll win this one for some strange reason.

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2016, 11:56:21 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

If OKC wins game 7 in Oakland, after having taking down the mighty Spurs, then they have EARNED it.

I'm still rooting for the dynasty though. GSW has had a season for the ages, and I'm not getting off the bandwagon just because OKC looks like they have a chance.

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2016, 11:59:13 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think the Warriors win by two or three possessions, but it'll be close for most of the second half.

Definitely rooting for a barn burner.  Curry buzzer-beating game winner from the logo in 2OT? Yes please!