Poll

Who are you rooting for in the WCF game 7?

Thunder
9 (17.6%)
Warriors
42 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: GAME 7: who you got?  (Read 7447 times)

Re: GAME 7: who you got?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 12:17:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Thunder. That team is just way too talented to lose 3 in a row. Also I think the thunder match up better with the cavs and I really don't want lebron to win.

Ironically, I think the EXACT opposite of this.  I just don't see how Golden State loses a game 7 in their building.  Their shooting is just too lethal, and they're as close to unstoppable as it gets in their gym.  I'll say this, if they want any chance Durant and Westbrook have to shoot better obviously....their shooting the last 2 games has been atrocious, it really shouldn't be all that surprising that they're blowing this.

And I actually think Golden State matches up better against the Cavs than the Thunder do.  Lebron has owned Durant throughout his career.
Agree .........I want OKC to susceed ......they have great physical talent........but no plan to close the deal ......too much hero ball.........even their coach doubts their ability to Finish the job

I think Warriors mental makeup ......gives them a slight edge over LeBron ....who has a history of falling apart when things go poorly for him.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 12:22:22 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
GSW, and I'd bet my life on it.

I don't know about that lol GS might shoot the ball horribly

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 12:22:45 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Thunder. That team is just way too talented to lose 3 in a row. Also I think the thunder match up better with the cavs and I really don't want lebron to win.

Ironically, I think the EXACT opposite of this.  I just don't see how Golden State loses a game 7 in their building.  Their shooting is just too lethal, and they're as close to unstoppable as it gets in their gym.  I'll say this, if they want any chance Durant and Westbrook have to shoot better obviously....their shooting the last 2 games has been atrocious, it really shouldn't be all that surprising that they're blowing this.

And I actually think Golden State matches up better against the Cavs than the Thunder do.  Lebron has owned Durant throughout his career.
Agree .........I want OKC to susceed ......they have great physical talent........but no plan to close the deal ......too much hero ball.........even their coach doubts their ability to Finish the job

I think Warriors mental makeup ......gives them a slight edge over LeBron ....who has a history of falling apart when things go poorly for him.

Great point about the mental makeup.  The Warriors have already proven and are continuing to prove in this series that they're an incredibly mentally strong team.  When their backs have been against the wall, they've delivered.  Just look at tonight...in the biggest game of Durant and Westbrook's lives, combined they missed 38 shots including 1-13 from 3...meanwhile Curry and Thompson went 17-31 from 3

And in the 4th quarter, Curry and Thompson combined went 8-14 for 25 points and no turnovers.  On the flip side, Durant and Westbrook combined to go 3-14 for 12 points and 6 turnovers.  The superstars of OKC totally choked this game away and the two superstars for Golden State showed up when it mattered.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 12:25:44 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
easy win coming for GS.  They will continue to force turnovers and the Thunder will
turn it over on their own. 

the Warriors should thank the Thunder for waking up their butts.  If Warriors had cake-walked they might have been clobbered by Cleveland.  Now I could see Cleveland getting steam-rolled. 
Iggy is awake.  Green will wake up and enjoy a better match up. 
Warriors in 6 over Cavs.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 12:32:29 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I think the opposite. GS at home plus the Thunder a bit demoralized? Its a GS win. Plus the Thunder match up HORRIBLY with the cavs, got blown out twice this season.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 01:08:07 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

LeBron and co got some extra rest while waiting. GSW/OKC had to grind it out. Cavs should be slightly favored if against GSW!

Absolutely no way Cleveland should be favored against GS.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 01:15:16 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
I can't see OKC winning a Game 7 in Oakland. Thunder blew their chance(s).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 01:20:39 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
wow both durant and westbrook not bringing their A game to close out the series 

durant (10-31) westbrook (10-27) = FGM- FGA
looks like OKC are panicking now

GSW have made a surprising come back from being down 3-1
they should be able finish OKC off now

Im also interested in the repercussions of this playoffs in durant's free agency
GSW and spurs were the major suspected teams to land durant
but after spurs lost to OKC and bad blood feel from durant and westbrook
it looks like durant is most likely to remain in OKC

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 06:48:07 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Is this thread title sufficiently vague so as to not be a spoiler for overseas fans?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 07:30:59 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
cavs-warriors
can't wait
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 08:03:33 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
For the sake of LBJ losing another Finals, I must say GSW lol.
No serious, I can't say I hate OKC but I don't love them either. They showed us last night what they're made of. In last two minutes RW had three and KD had two turnovers. GS finished the game with 19-5 run. And they say Donovan changed their style of play? No he didn't. RW and KD still play their hero ball, they still having 50-60% of all possesions, RW is playing great but as showed last night he in crunch time he still plays with his legs then with his brain. The only reason they were up 3 to 1, is Steph was bothered with that knee injury and they were outplaying GS's centers. Adams, Kanter and Ibaka played very well first 6 gamse mostly dominating Bogut, Ezeli and Speights. And that the reason why OKC is still in the game for the finals. Adams was/is phenomenal in this PO. He fights for every ball, every rebound, and he's doing it with such a calm face. Ibaka was/is very solid to, but the problem I'm having with their style of play is, repetedly, when the crunch time is here they don't get the ball down low. All the points they score is either by enormous hustle under the rim catching the ball after misses from those two. This just annoys me with OKC, for years. Since that lost final v. Miami... RW and KD are great players but I just can't stand this ego-tripping bball tehy play and that is the main reason why I cheer them to fail. I'm even starting to think to cheer for Cavs if they get to the finals because, aldo I dislike the princess lebron, the Cavs play very intelegent bball compared to that steroid dumb style of thunder. And, no, Donovan didn't change their style of play, you can see that when RW is telling him what to do. Just like LBJ and Lue type of thing. Another reason why I'm rooting for Gs is that they will have homecourt advantage against the Cavs, and they matchup good against them (better then against okc). So it would be great to see rematch of the last years finals, and this time with healthy Cleveland. I don't know if Steph is or will be healthy but after last night, I think he's feeling better then when the serioes started...Go Warriors! (sry for typos)

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 08:03:39 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Great point about the mental makeup.  The Warriors have already proven and are continuing to prove in this series that they're an incredibly mentally strong team.  When their backs have been against the wall, they've delivered.  Just look at tonight...in the biggest game of Durant and Westbrook's lives, combined they missed 38 shots including 1-13 from 3...meanwhile Curry and Thompson went 17-31 from 3

And in the 4th quarter, Curry and Thompson combined went 8-14 for 25 points and no turnovers.  On the flip side, Durant and Westbrook combined to go 3-14 for 12 points and 6 turnovers.  The superstars of OKC totally choked this game away and the two superstars for Golden State showed up when it mattered.

I think the reason that RW played so poorly is that he was PRESSING trying to make up for KD who was absolutely HORRIBLE in the 4th.  KD has ZERO baskets and 2 FT's.  Two freaking points.  At least Russell hit a couple of shots in the 4th and was taking the ball to the rack (unlike Charmin soft KD) and he had 8 points in the 4th.  8 points to 2.

Come on.  Tell the entire story please.  RW is an Alpha male that simply tried to do too much last night and KD is the anti-Alpha male, an Omega male.

Smitty77

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 08:09:44 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

I think the reason that RW played so poorly is that he was PRESSING trying to make up for KD who was absolutely HORRIBLE in the 4th.  KD has ZERO baskets and 2 FT's.  Two freaking points.  At least Russell hit a couple of shots in the 4th and was taking the ball to the rack (unlike Charmin soft KD) and he had 8 points in the 4th.  8 points to 2.

Come on.  Tell the entire story please.  RW is an Alpha male that simply tried to do too much last night and KD is the anti-Alpha male, an Omega male.

Smitty77
Pretty much on point but the problem with RW is that he want's to do it by himself alone, he want all the flashlight and you don't/can't do it on this level wc finals. And I pretty sure he will never understand that. As a pg he has to involve his teammates, he can't be that selfish...

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 08:21:19 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Warriors at home baby and I hope they kill the Queen!!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 11:22:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is this thread title sufficiently vague so as to not be a spoiler for overseas fans?

Haha.....that gave me a good laugh. 

On topic,  it's hard not to like GSW at home in Game 7 although I don't like the fact that several are already making a GSW victory a foregone conclusion.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team