Author Topic: What is the ESPN reporter that denied MJ the unanimous MVP vote thinking now  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I remember when that reporter was the sole dissenter in the MVP vote, and he caught some heat for it. I cannot remember the reason he gave back then, but I wonder how he feels now that a player than cannot hold MJ's jock is now unanimous MVP.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Maybe it's because Im too young to truly remember watching MJ growing up, but I don't know why people are so eager to hate on curry to justify how great MJ was.

Curry had an amazing season. He deserved the MVP.

Jordan should have been the unanimous MVP many times. Curry has earned it once.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
my post was not hatin on Curry, but on the reporter that denied MJ.

MJ was miles better than Curry...... miles.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:15:39 PM by Ogaju »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
False memories due to your reckless lifestyle no doubt, LeBron James finished 1 vote short of unanimous in 2012-13 and Los Angeles Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal missed by a vote in 1999-2000. MJ missed by three votes and in 1996 voting wasn't public.

Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe voted for New York's Carmelo Anthony in 2012-13, using the logic that Anthony did more with less. He has a good argument, since the Knicks won 54 games, which still ranks as the team's best season in the last 20 years. ...

...CNN's Fred Hickman cast his vote in 1999-2000 for Philadelphia's Allen Iverson, who would win the award a year later.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160512/sports/160519453/

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
my post was not hatin on Curry, but on the reporter than denied MJ.

MJ was miles better than Curry...... miles.

I don't think there's any question that curry is miles away from the career MJ had.

But his regular season this year is up there among the greatest regular seasons ever. MVP is a regular season award.

It's stupid MJ never won a unanimous MVP. We can agree on that without needing to tear down what Curry did to rightfully earn his unanimous MVP.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
yeah Fred Hickman is who I was talking about.

Who won the MVP in 1999-2000 ???

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
yeah Fred Hickman is who I was talking about.

Who won the MVP in 1999-2000 ???

Re-read my post. Obviously we have found you in a dissolute state again on a Saturday night.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
you got the wrong guy, I made a mistake in my recollection. I have never had any engagement with you so I don't know where you get all the conclusions about 'reckless lifestyle', or 'dissolute state again'.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
you got the wrong guy, I made a mistake in my recollection. I have never had any engagement with you so I don't know where you get all the conclusions about 'reckless lifestyle', or 'dissolute state again'.

My apologies. It was just a joke.