Author Topic: The most realistic way we create a big three  (Read 2424 times)

The most realistic way we create a big three
« on: May 28, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 The most realistic way we create a big three. Most realistic not necessarily realistic.

First move will be combining our large amount of picks and trading up in the draft for mid rank to lower level lottery picks. I say we trade Olynyk to the raptors for number 9 pick. They are in need for a pf that can stretch the floor

Then we do a 3 way trade

Philly sends:Okafor
Philly gets:Number 9 2016 pick,number 16 pick 2016 draft and james young
Chicago gets: Okafor, #3 pick, 2017 brooklyn pick and Amir Johnson
Chicago sends: Jimmy Butler
Boston sends: #3 pick 2016, #9 2016 pick,#16 pick 2016 draft, 2017 Brooklyn pick, Amir Johnson and James Young
Boston gets:Jimmy Butler

So that leaves a roster of

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
?
?

with a bench of smart,bradley,jerebko,rozier,Mickey,hunter

money works out here
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jmvzh2m

So I suggest we do a trade that has been suggested in multiple posts on the celtics blog.
Basically  it is an Ibaka, Bradley swap. I think we may have to give them a late first round pick or a couple of second rounders to help sweeten the deal but that is it.
Adams and kanter have played a lot of minutes together and ibaka has only one year left on his contract.
 Bradly would be the perfect sg for them. his perfect 3 & D will complement Westbrook and Durant's ball dominant style.

Making a starting line up of
thomas
butler
crowder
Ibaka
???

Now we have to go after Hassan Whiteside in free agency. The heat are rumored to not be willing to pay him  a max contract for hopes of getting durant. If we go after whitened and show him how he can be the man and how amazing the team would be.

The starting line up would be one of the best defenses in the league
 the paint would be  guarded by ibaka and whitened. While if you tried to go to the perimeter you would be guarded by butler,crowder and not to mention marcus smart on the bench.
offensivly butler would be point forward, isaiah would certainly carry his own. aback could stretch the floor and whitened is good at cutbacks and posting up. Making crowder the perfect 3 and D sf. Because we are  only signing one max contract we would have a little money left offer to sign someone else of the bench because our bench would currently be
smart
rj hunter
jerebko
mickey
???

I bet we could resign turner or someone else to help off the bench

overal it could be a great team

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:56:40 PM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: The most realistic way we create a big three
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 07:53:45 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I feel the inclusion of the 2017 brooklyn is a huge overpay for butler. In this scenario, they get both a blue chip prospect in okafor, and the 3rd pick.

Other than that, I really like the idea of this draft. It we are able to retain that 2017 brooklyn, this is an awesome plan.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 08:04:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Boston and Philly both get ripped off
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The most realistic way we create a big three. Most realistic not necessarily realistic.

First move will be combining our large amount of picks and trading up in the draft for mid rank to lower level lottery picks. I say we trade Olynyk to the raptors for number 9 pick. They are in need for a pf that can stretch the floor

Then we do a 3 way trade

Philly sends:Okafor
Philly gets:Number 9 2016 pick,number 16 pick 2016 draft and james young
Chicago gets: Okafor, #3 pick, 2017 brooklyn pick and Amir Johnson
Chicago sends: Jimmy Butler
Boston sends: #3 pick 2016, #9 2016 pick,#16 pick 2016 draft, 2017 Brooklyn pick, Amir Johnson and James Young
Boston gets:Jimmy Butler

So that leaves a roster of

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
?
?

with a bench of smart,bradley,jerebko,rozier,Mickey,hunter

money works out here
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jmvzh2m

So I suggest we do a trade that has been suggested in multiple posts on the celtics blog.
Basically  it is an Ibaka, Bradley swap. I think we may have to give them a late first round pick or a couple of second rounders to help sweeten the deal but that is it.
Adams and kanter have played a lot of minutes together and ibaka has only one year left on his contract.
 Bradly would be the perfect sg for them. his perfect 3 & D will complement Westbrook and Durant's ball dominant style.

Making a starting line up of
thomas
butler
crowder
Ibaka
???

Now we have to go after Hassan Whiteside in free agency. The heat are rumored to not be willing to pay him  a max contract for hopes of getting durant. If we go after whitened and show him how he can be the man and how amazing the team would be.

The starting line up would be one of the best defenses in the league
 the paint would be  guarded by ibaka and whitened. While if you tried to go to the perimeter you would be guarded by butler,crowder and not to mention marcus smart on the bench.
offensivly butler would be point forward, isaiah would certainly carry his own. aback could stretch the floor and whitened is good at cutbacks and posting up. Making crowder the perfect 3 and D sf. Because we are  only signing one max contract we would have a little money left offer to sign someone else of the bench because our bench would currently be
smart
rj hunter
jerebko
mickey
???

I bet we could resign turner or someone else to help off the bench

overal it could be a great team

Just stop already Butler is not that good.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 09:51:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Totally tank three years in a row ?

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 09:53:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
did you see the haul he proposed sending to Bulls for Butler?

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 04:37:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Massive Overpay for Butler.

Those Brooklyn picks alone are a confirmed top 3 pick this year, and possibly a top 5 next year in a stacked draft.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Butler's just not worth that much.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 11:14:30 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Most likely way is probably to tank 3 years in a row but not advocating it. I AM however willing to cut every single player we don't view as part of the future( unless currently a good trade asset). Glad this is Danny's gig and not mine.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 11:20:15 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
We also have the #9 pick in this years draft/  ???
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)