Author Topic: Could We Start Smart with IT again?  (Read 549 times)

Could We Start Smart with IT again?
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I always felt that they played real well off each other. They're both pretty good as either a 1 or a 2. Smart is becoming a better facilitator and IT is great off the ball. Add that and what I assume a more offensively polished skill set for Smart, why not? Plus Avery could do real well as a 3 and D guy off the bench. It would give the bench a better offense. What do you think?

Re: Could We Start Smart with IT again?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd personally stick with Bradley but props to both the players in that I don't think starting or not starting would throw them off. Team guys.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 05:28:27 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I agree. Isaiah off the ball is also good because defenses don't collapse onto him. Could help his efficiency. It would, as you said, also help Marcus's development.

The only thing is, I couldn't be able to bench Avery, out of respect for him. He's my favorite Celtic. Though, he was pretty good with the bench unit this year wasn't he? Maybe it'll be for the best?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I could see a situation where maybe you do this randomly to keep teams guessing, but IT has to get the most minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
I always felt that they played real well off each other. They're both pretty good as either a 1 or a 2. Smart is becoming a better facilitator and IT is great off the ball. Add that and what I assume a more offensively polished skill set for Smart, why not? Plus Avery could do real well as a 3 and D guy off the bench. It would give the bench a better offense. What do you think?

That would be the smallest and worst shooting 1-3 in the league. Small ball isn't really feasible when you don't have the shooting to stretch the floor.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator