Author Topic: Brice vs Cheik vs Thon  (Read 736 times)

Brice vs Cheik vs Thon
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
At 16 I think I take Thon Maker here.  But if the Celtics are looking for a more athletic Jerebko or a guy.  Or a guy who can possibly replace Sully down the road as an energy rebounder and hustle guy off the bench who plays more up tempo who do you take? There are guys like Robert Carter and Stone too.  I like Robert Carter more as a Big Baby type of player over  Stone.

Draft Express is ever changing.  I think they've had  us taking Cheik and Carter so far.  No Thon yet or Brice.

I feel like we need length but Brad also likes big guards and undersized bigs and energy rebounders.  There is a lot of both this draft where we can pick and choose.

Edit: Oops I was just in the draft area.  Somehow this got posted over here. Can this be moved?

Re: Brice vs Cheik vs Thon
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Definitely Thon Maker over Brice Johnson or Cheick Diallo.

Thon Maker has more size, more versatility and more upside.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »

Offline Green-Bananas

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
At 16 I think I take Thon Maker here.  But if the Celtics are looking for a more athletic Jerebko or a guy.  Or a guy who can possibly replace Sully down the road as an energy rebounder and hustle guy off the bench who plays more up tempo who do you take? There are guys like Robert Carter and Stone too.  I like Robert Carter more as a Big Baby type of player over  Stone.

Draft Express is ever changing.  I think they've had  us taking Cheik and Carter so far.  No Thon yet or Brice.

I feel like we need length but Brad also likes big guards and undersized bigs and energy rebounders.  There is a lot of both this draft where we can pick and choose.

Edit: Oops I was just in the draft area.  Somehow this got posted over here. Can this be moved?

Please NO to Stone.  Whenever I read "When Motivated" in a player's "Strengths" of their mix tape, it sends a clear message.  This guy will need a carrot on a stick to produce at the next level.

At #16 there will be a few bigs left that have better motors, if that's the way DA wants to go. Not sure he'll be looking at size with with this pick, especially if he takes Bender at #3?

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 07:27:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think there is a good chance all 3 are available at 23. I prefer Maker but I would be happy with any of the 3 at 23. All 3 add length/athleticism that our front court has been lacking.

I think Johnson could give us immediate minutes while the other two probably would spend the year in the d league.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 07:33:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I like all 4 minus Stone too why I asked.  Stone seems like a one trick pony to me.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 10:15:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The fascination with Maker escapes me.  He has some tools, sure.  But he has no clue how to play basketball.  I would be shocked if he were picked in the first round.