Author Topic: Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean Jones Shot and Killed  (Read 12137 times)

Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean Jones Shot and Killed
« on: May 28, 2016, 04:03:36 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Re: Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean Jones Shot and Killed
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
According to the Dallas police, Bryce Dejean-Jones was killed early Saturday after he "kicked open the front door" to an apartment and the man sleeping inside woke up and shot him.

Bryce Dejean-Jones allegedly was attempting to break into the apartment of "an estranged acquaintance" and "inadvertently broke into the wrong apartment" before he was shot, according to a statement from a Dallas apartment manager.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:34:49 PM by crownontherocks »

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
According to this report: "The commotion startled the man sleeping inside, who police say grabbed his handgun and 'called out' but got no answer. Police say Dejean-Jones then kicked the door to the bedroom — and the man fired. Dejean-Jones ran out of the apartment and 'collapsed in the breezeway,' police say. He was taken to a local hospital, where he died."

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Wouldn't have happened if they didn't live in a gun culture.. I'm never gonna be able to understand that.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:54:08 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Wouldn't have happened if they didn't live in a gun culture.. I'm never gonna be able to understand that.

Wouldn't have happened if he didn't kick down the doors of a strangers apartment.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:55:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

What the hell was he kicking the door in for? Did he think it was an ex girlfriends house and she was messing around? Who knows.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What the hell was he kicking the door in for? Did he think it was an ex girlfriends house and she was messing around? Who knows.

I would guess custody / visitation issues.

He was in town to celebrate his daughter's birthday. He and his ex had an argument, and later he tried to kick down her door at 3am.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't blame gun culture for this one. If you kick down somebody's front door and bedroom door at 3am, there are likely to be bad consequences in any culture.  This seems like nothing other than legitimate home protection.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 08:00:14 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

I would guess custody / visitation issues.

He was in town to celebrate his daughter's birthday. He and his ex had an argument, and later he tried to kick down her door at 3am.

I didn't know that...

This would explain why he got so angry.

Sad story anyway.

RIP

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 08:15:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I don't blame gun culture for this one. If you kick down somebody's front door and bedroom door at 3am, there are likely to be bad consequences in any culture.  This seems like nothing other than legitimate home protection.
have to agree that this can't be blamed on the gun culture.  if anything, it supports the notion people should be armed to protect themselves and their home from break ins.

unfortunate no matter how you look at it

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 08:34:01 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
This isn't a gun culture issue but you have to wonder what makes a guy think kicking down a woman's door at 3 am is ever okay.  It's sad to see a young man throw away his life like that.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 08:59:21 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 09:31:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
if you are in a relationship and your partner pushes a certain button in you that makes you lose control, you need to get away from that relationship. I know it is easier said than done, but still a good policy to aspire to.

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 09:59:03 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
That's a crazy story!

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 10:48:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Doesn't anyone knock anymore?  Seriously, it is a tragedy.   Texas is a home is a castle state if memory serves...

He and his ex had an argument, and later he tried to kick down her door at 3am.

Good way to get even less visitation and a restraining order.  This is not about gun culture.   You can bet if he got the right apartment, that a person does not kick down a door, to discuss custody issues.   

If you kick down somebody's front door and bedroom door at 3am, there are likely to be bad consequences in any culture.

Woken up, people are not always at their full sensory capacity.   I can see the guy being startled and reacting.   A lot of folks would act that way, if they woke up and saw a guy kicking in the door.   Who is going to start with asking the guy questions?   Not, many, and I suspect that some that claim they would, would be lying.