Author Topic: 76ers future and why we are so eager..  (Read 3404 times)

Re: 76ers future and why we are so eager..
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 10:16:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
We have covert Sixer fans here who are anxious to redeem the tattered reputation of Sam Hinkie at our expense.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 01:36:50 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Philly's not a title contender, and it's actually a benefit for Boston if Philly is better next year than it was this year, in the sense that it likely gives the 2017 Brooklyn pick a better chance to be higher than the Philly pick.  You make the deal if you like Okafor better than what you'd have available at #3, because you need much better play from your bigs, and Okafor should provide that.  This isn't rocket science, and people are over thinking it. 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I only care whether the moves make the Boston Celtics better. If so, good deal. If not, no deal.

Not concerned at all about Philadelphia. Colangelo will not build a title winner. The team should get back to being an above average team but they are not a real threat. Not with Colangelo designed the team.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

Philly's not a title contender, and it's actually a benefit for Boston if Philly is better next year than it was this year, in the sense that it likely gives the 2017 Brooklyn pick a better chance to be higher than the Philly pick.  You make the deal if you like Okafor better than what you'd have available at #3, because you need much better play from your bigs, and Okafor should provide that.  This isn't rocket science, and people are over thinking it.
This is true. I'm rooting for Philly to be fighting for the 8th seed next year. The more mediocre teams fighting for the middle in the Eastern Conference, the better for that Brooklyn swap the C's have.

That said, Boston has to make improvements to keep above that same fray otherwise we're just throwing away another year when I don't think we have to. This team was good enough last year that a few improvements can mean 50 wins and a second round appearance in 2017.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 07:05:50 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I lean more toward thinking if that the only reason to ever make a trade is because you think you're getting the better end of the deal, so if we make a trade with Philly for one of their bigs (I prefer Noel) Danny would only do so because he thinks whatever we're giving up isn't as good as what we're getting back.

So a trade with a rival doesn't bother me, as long as it's a good trade.

Agreed.  The only way to get the better end of the deal with Philly is to make a trade that does not include our #3 pick at all.  If we can pick up Okafor or Noel for other picks, players, cash, and still retain that #3 pick, then it's definitely a win.

Rak

I agree, I would much rather trade up with our other picks to the mid lottery range and trade for Noel. Unfortunately, multiple teams in this range already has multiple first round picks.