Author Topic: Trade IT for Noel, Covington, and future pick  (Read 2230 times)

Re: Trade IT for Noel, Covington, and future pick
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 03:33:36 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I don't want Noel. We have plenty of players already who cannot score the basketball.

EXACTLY!

I don't get the hype with Noel at all! Like, defense is good and all, but defense only takes you so far. We need scorers too.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IT would make a nice 6th man/energy guy off the bench on a contender, but he's not gonna get you to the promised land as a starter. IMO he's too one dimensional of a PG, he keeps forcing the ball to the rim, until he has to be told to diversify his game, and get others involved. In the playoffs he actually had to play shooting guard. I agree, I don't think he will take going to the bench very well either.

Develop Rozier and Smart as PG's and look for another 2 or a 3 that can put some points on the board. The C's need to get athletic bigs in the paint. Noel, while not being a big time scorer will add rim protection, steals, defensive energy, size, quickness, he runs the floor well and still has more upside, he's still really young. IMO he will flourish as the starting center, without having to continually look over his shoulder at Okofor, and Embiid. Plus...Stevens will do wonders for his game.

I strongly disagree... Danny Green was a starting SG for multiple title winning Spurs teams and IT is vastly more skilled overall. A championship team does not need to have an All-Star at every position and a player doesn't have to excel at both offense and defense to be championship caliber either. Dirk Nowitzki, Stef Curry, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love and our own IT are monster offensive players that can be quality pieces on any championship team... depending on how it is built. So to single out IT and say he is not a championship quality PG is unfair

Danny Green is 6-6, and a good defender. IT is more skilled yes, but a target on the defensive end. I agree a championship team does not need an all-star at every position to succeed. It does need a certain chemistry, and balance. I've never seen a championship team with weak interior defense.

And IT is not of the overall caliber of a young Dirk, or Durant, or Curry. That is a stretch.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't want Noel. We have plenty of players already who cannot score the basketball.

EXACTLY!

I don't get the hype with Noel at all! Like, defense is good and all, but defense only takes you so far. We need scorers too.

You don't need high scoring output from the center position to be a contender, or even a champion. Interior defense is a necessity. Other than Amir, at times, we have none.

I agree we need scoring, and hopefully we'll draft some, or get a free agent to sign, or get someone through a trade. But with Noel you get a center that's not slow and lumbering, he's quick, he runs the floor well. He can play even with a small unit in the game, and still be involved.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 06:49:48 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd be extremely sad to see IT go, especially to a poor situation like Philly. But rationally speaking, this would be an awesome trade for us.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

EXACTLY!

You don't need high scoring output from the center position to be a contender, or even a champion. Interior defense is a necessity. Other than Amir, at times, we have none.

I agree we need scoring, and hopefully we'll draft some, or get a free agent to sign, or get someone through a trade. But with Noel you get a center that's not slow and lumbering, he's quick, he runs the floor well. He can play even with a small unit in the game, and still be involved.

He's a fine player, sure. But we see way too many ridiculous offers for him here.

Don't we have someone similar to Noel already, in Mickey? Both can block shots. Both can run the floor. Both catch lobs and get rebounds. Mickey even has better range than Noel. Mickey just lacks strength and that's basically it.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

EXACTLY!

He's a fine player, sure. But we see way too many ridiculous offers for him here.

Don't we have someone similar to Noel already, in Mickey? Both can block shots. Both can run the floor. Both catch lobs and get rebounds. Mickey even has better range than Noel. Mickey just lacks strength and that's basically it.

Micky:Noel=KO:Dirk

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

EXACTLY!

Micky:Noel=KO:Dirk

Ok I'm not saying he's exactly the same guy.

What I'm saying is (and it's not that unrealistic), we want Noel to come in and be a rim protector for us, run the floor, and hopefully be a factor on offense.

What Mickey has shown (in glimpses) is to be a rim protector, running the floor, and also having an actual semblance of an offensive game.

I feel many want Noel just because he's a hometown guy.

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I can't see Philly ever doing that type of trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip