Author Topic: Kris Dunn returning to college (2015)  (Read 1381 times)

Kris Dunn returning to college (2015)
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/chris_dortch/03/26/friars-guard-kris-dunn-decision-to-stay-in-school-should-pay-off-in-big-way/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6e

Turning professional would have been the easy move for Dunn to make in 2015, after the 6-foot-4, 220-pound point guard racked up monster numbers (247 assists, 90 steals) and collected a trophy room's worth of awards in his first full season as a college player -- All-America, Big East Player of the Year, Big East Defensive Player of the Year, etc. But Dunn, whose first two seasons were hampered or cut short by a shoulder injury, conducts his business a certain way, no shortcuts included.

Still, when Providence coach Ed Cooley spoke with Dunn after his breakout 2014-15 season, he was taken aback by what he heard.

"He told me 'coach, I'm not ready for the NBA,' " Cooley said. 'The one thing I want people to always remember after I leave Providence is that I graduated. I don't want people thinking it's all about the money. They can't take away a degree.' "
Cooley would have advised Dunn, projected as a top-20 first-round NBA Draft pick, to leave.

"I didn't want him to get hurt," Cooley said. "He was coming off two torn labrum surgeries. He went through such adversity to get to where he was. He didn't play much his first two years. Then his mom dies. He went through such adversity to get to where he is right now. And for him to see the bigger picture versus the present, to want to stay and get his degree ... that, to me, spoke volumes about his character."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:25:20 AM by Roy H. »

Re: Kris Dunn returning to college
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 11:48:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Interesting.  Some people liked him as Philly's pick if they traded Okafor for #3.   On a podcast I listened to they were calling him a rich man's Marcus smart.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:00:16 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Ummm... This is taking about last year.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 12:15:34 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Yea dunn graduated lol. He isn't going back to school.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 12:17:44 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Interesting.  Some people liked him as Philly's pick if they traded Okafor for #3.   On a podcast I listened to they were calling him a rich man's Marcus smart.

Lol dude isn't going back

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14