Author Topic: Rumor: Could Isaiah Thomas be traded to Philadelphia 76ers?  (Read 5708 times)

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

NBA TRADE RUMORS 2016: ISAIAH THOMAS, BOSTON CELTICS COULD PART WAYS FOR NO.1 DRAFT PICK

http://www.hofmag.com/nba-trade-rumors-2016-isaiah-thomas-boston-celtics-part-ways-no-1-draft-pick/154549

Take it with a grain of salt as rumors are what they are, rumors, but it sure would be nice to get the #1 pick.   So, would it be Thomas and the 3 or Thomas and other picks and maybe another player?   I’d do Thomas and the three but if I could keep the three and do Thomas the 2016 # 16, our 2017 right to swap,  the Memphis pick, and another player with upside like Mickey, I would love it! Love it!

Re: Rumor: Could Isaiah Thomas be traded to Philadelphia 76ers?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm not even giving these guys the click they desperately crave. Nothing to see here, move along.

Also, from their description indexed in Google: "HALL OF FAME MAGAZINE OR HOF MAG IS AN OPINION-BASED AND A PURELY PUBLIC'S CHOICE WEBSITE".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:46:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Just some random person with internet access posting whatever pops into his head. No substance to the article.

Clickbait

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 05:51:15 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Thomas/#3/#23/2018 Nets for #1 and Okafor....fair.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:06 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Wow.  Is that article a fantastic example of absolutely crap journalism or what?

This tidbit is precious:

SB Nation reports that some fans in Boston are not happy with Isaiah Thomas after he publicly shared his thoughts on playing a bigger role for his team, playing a starter and not coming off the bench.

As the link to the "SB Nation report", he provides a link to this celticsblog fan post!

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/5/23/11756558/why-the-celtics-need-to-consider-trading-isaiah-now-yes-i-said-it

which is nothing but the random opinion of a fan who apparently doesn't like Isaiah all that much.

Clue for Ernesto Soliven (author of the article):  A CB 'fanpost' is not a 'SB Nation report'.

Fortunately, the comment section under the article is calling him out.

None of this is based on anything real.  Nothing to see here.  Moving along.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 05:53:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
< .01 % chance this season.   

They have practically put him as the poster boy for the Celtics

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
There is clearly some money to be made by coming up with a website, making up a bunch of crap and going for clicks. I think I've got a summer project!

Mike

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wow.  Is that article a fantastic example of absolutely crap journalism or what?

This tidbit is precious:

SB Nation reports that some fans in Boston are not happy with Isaiah Thomas after he publicly shared his thoughts on playing a bigger role for his team, playing a starter and not coming off the bench.

As the link to the "SB Nation report", he provides a link to this celticsblog fan post!

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/5/23/11756558/why-the-celtics-need-to-consider-trading-isaiah-now-yes-i-said-it

which is nothing but the random opinion of a fan who apparently doesn't like Isaiah all that much.

Clue for Ernesto Soliven (author of the article):  A CB 'fanpost' is not a 'SB Nation report'.

Fortunately, the comment section under the article is calling him out.

None of this is based on anything real.  Nothing to see here.  Moving along.

Honestly, the extent to which these sites go to in order to publish clickbait headlines baffles me. I mean, you'd have to be pretty dedicated to go to such a specific fan post and from there making an entire rumor out of it that's completely irrelevant and stupid.

No offense to OP, but how can you fall for that? Like, cmon.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 06:07:12 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Please tell me no one actually fell for this?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 08:05:23 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
There is clearly some money to be made by coming up with a website, making up a bunch of crap and going for clicks. I think I've got a summer project!

Mike

Which Celtics insider is planning to launch a tell all website this summer promising to blow the doors open to the whole organization? Click here to find out more about Mystery Mike.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 08:27:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Anything is possible with Danny.

IT has 2 years left.  Danny would think about it ,if this rumor is true

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 08:38:56 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

Mike

Which Celtics insider is planning to launch a tell all website this summer promising to blow the doors open to the whole organization? Click here to find out more about Mystery Mike.

I like it! "Celticsclickbait.com! If there's a rumor that will generate hits, we'll create it!"

Mike

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd do IT4 and the #3 for Okafor and the #1, I'd draft Ingram and have a young team full of potential!

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 09:01:33 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I'd do IT4 and the #3 for Okafor and the #1, I'd draft Ingram and have a young team full of potential!
Not that I am taking the "rumor" seriously, just playing along but this trade would break down to #3 for Okafor (which is fair value both ways I feel) leaving IT4 for #1.  No chance that deal happens.  IT4 + something perhaps, maybe #16, maybe even Brooklyn 2018.  So say IT4 + Brooklyn 2018 for Simmons?  I think that is still a good trade for the Celtics.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 09:03:45 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Anything is possible with Danny.

IT has 2 years left.  Danny would think about it ,if this rumor is true

The "rumor" is completely fabricated, and mentioning IT in the same sentence as the number one pick is ludicrous.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers