Author Topic: Ford's Workout Confidential 2.0  (Read 6844 times)

Re: Ford's Workout Confidential 2.0
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I would be very happy with Jones at 16 and Yabusele at 23.  Need bigs with athleticism for sure.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 04:24:37 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'd love for Ainge to work some trades to have two top 10 picks and get Hield and Poeltl or Chriss. We have the assets to pull that off.

I really like the idea of getting a legit shooter and/or a legit 7-foot center.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »

Online gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
So Ford was allowed to watch all of these guys and had good things to write about all of them. Were there any guys that didn't impress him or is he just doing a favor to the agents?

There were a lot of players there. What I've gathered is that he only writes up on players that impress him. If he doesn't write about a player it's likely they were either what he expected or underwhelming.

Yeah, it just strikes me as weird that even the guys he mentions as being there in passing or in relation to the guy he is currently writing about ends up getting mentioned somewhere else in the article. It just feels strange that way.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 05:12:59 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
So Ford was allowed to watch all of these guys and had good things to write about all of them. Were there any guys that didn't impress him or is he just doing a favor to the agents?

There were a lot of players there. What I've gathered is that he only writes up on players that impress him. If he doesn't write about a player it's likely they were either what he expected or underwhelming.

Yeah, it just strikes me as weird that even the guys he mentions as being there in passing or in relation to the guy he is currently writing about ends up getting mentioned somewhere else in the article. It just feels strange that way.
Ford is a pawn.  He serves whoever he needs to to keep his "Insider" status.  He's a History/Law major who, based on his writing, has never picked up a basketball.  That, and he retroactively changed his historical draft rankings, as documented on the internet.

Not a fan, needless to say.  He does seem to be in Danny's pocket, fwiw.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 05:37:37 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Ford is a pawn.  He serves whoever he needs to to keep his "Insider" status.  He's a History/Law major who, based on his writing, has never picked up a basketball.  That, and he retroactively changed his historical draft rankings, as documented on the internet.

Steve Kyler says it was ESPN, not Ford who did the revisionism. Given how they handled some of the reporting about Deflategate, I can believe that they slant things to either make themselves look good or avoid looking bad. Any decent editor would have pulled some of the stories that they were fed by the NFL when it became apparent that they were clearly wrong.

Kyler also said Ford and Givony are hard working guys that always show up. I look more to Givony, but your read on Ford is too harsh. He was pretty much on target with Embiid and Zinger for instance.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Steve Kyler says it was ESPN, not Ford who did the revisionism. Given how they handled some of the reporting about Deflategate, I can believe that they slant things to either make themselves look good or avoid looking bad. Any decent editor would have pulled some of the stories that they were fed by the NFL when it became apparent that they were clearly wrong.

Kyler also said Ford and Givony are hard working guys that always show up. I look more to Givony, but your read on Ford is too harsh. He was pretty much on target with Embiid and Zinger for instance.
Not buying it.  There is nobody except Ford who is incentivised to alter the rankings.  Especially ESPN with so much at stake and literally nothing to gain by changing them.  The only longshot possibility I see is somebody doing it to sabotage Ford, but very unlikely.  Also, it should be very easy to get to the bottom of it with any CMS created in the last 20 years.  Occam's razor.  Ford did it.

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 11:34:01 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Ford isn't really renowned for his scouting + talent evaluation. He's more a guy who gets the consensus from a lot of different sources. I wouldn't place much value on these observations.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 01:15:46 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Guerschon Yabusele, PF, France is a guy Celts should consider with 16 or 23 pick

Sullinger plus explosiveness sounds about right. But also is a better shooter

TP, triboy...clairvoyant.

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 01:40:14 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Guerschon Yabusele, PF, France is a guy Celts should consider with 16 or 23 pick

He also predicted Sabonis as the #3 pick for the Celtics.  LOL
You put out enough predictions, and one of them is bound to come true. 

But yup, I didn't see Yabu coming.
I did see us getting Zizic and Bentil though.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 01:49:00 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

He also predicted Sabonis as the #3 pick for the Celtics.  LOL
You put out enough predictions, and one of them is bound to come true. 

But yup, I didn't see Yabu coming.
I did see us getting Zizic and Bentil though.

Still a feather for Triboy's cap. 

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 02:21:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

TP

Sometimes I dont agree with you but you nailed it this time

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:09 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
had Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 5h5 hours ago

The Celtics take French PF Guerschon Yabusle at No. 16.  I love this kid. He's a beast in the paint, can shoot... http://es.pn/28R77nv 

With the record number of international players in the first and with the run starting early. I'm now less surprised about the pick at 16. I thought internationals were going to go heavier than expected, but I was really surprised how heavy the trend was, Teams lock up rights without using cap. Preserve Cs' ability to do 2 max contracts according to cap expert Scal. Highly unlikely that you can sign Horford and KD, but at least you have the opportunity.