Author Topic: Sixers likely to trade Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens (Rumor)  (Read 6021 times)

Sixers likely to trade Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens (Rumor)
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
With that in mind, NBA insider Chad Ford doesn’t think the Sixers will wait. In fact, in an interview for 97.3 ESPN, the veteran reporter went on to describe the possibility of either Okafor or Noel being traded before the 2016-17 season as likely. Chad Ford: I think that there’s a very high likelihood, that whether it’s to move up in the draft or use them to grab a free agent in a sign and trade or just to a trade, that you will not see the Nerlens Noel-Jahlil Okafor pairing at the start of next season. I think that they’ll gauge the interest of both players. I think that there might be a slight preference for Noel, to keep him around with the Sixers, and I think you might be right, there might be a slight, better value for Okafor out on the market, but I think everyone agrees that that combination of those two players doesn’t necessarily work.

I don't want to trade#3 for eitther of those guys. I might do AB, KO and dallas pick though.

Re: Sixers likely to trade Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens (Rumor)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 11:15:28 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not interested in another non-shooter.

But I'd happily do the #3 for Okafor, especially if the temptation is to waste it on the Euromistake.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:21:41 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
ha!  tommy point for using the term, 'euromistake'

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 11:23:24 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Even if you imagine Bender in the best possible light, that player probably meshes better with Noel than Okafor. 

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:33:34 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Well that's called great GM'ing. Draft three centers and not wanting to keep neither of them. lol sixers

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 11:39:55 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I wonder if the Sixers would want our # 3 or prefer to trade for a veteran player. they have enough young talent/picks. Maybe Teague ?

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 11:53:21 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think we all knew this was coming and it's been batted around in threads non stop. My offers keep getting lower hahha but I'll give them Smart, 16 and 23 for Okafor!

After all we do need bigs and I do not want to see subway-sully back next year!

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 11:54:42 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I'd offer #16, #23 and a couple seconds for either one. And RJ/Young but not much more....

I doubt they take it.   But Noel is a Restricted after next year and is limited on offense.    The other big man is limited on defense.    I think overall Sully is a better fit with us at 7/8 million a year and keep our picks.   They do not move the needle that much.   

Giving up (AB) like many on here offer up is an All NBA first team player and #3 is tooooooo much.     
Diggles

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Got to give up to get. If we loved every trade unanimously then opposing GMs would all be out of jobs

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

But I'd happily do the #3 for Okafor, especially if the temptation is to waste it on the Euromistake.

So, you'd rather the non defender....very interesting.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Even if you imagine Bender in the best possible light, that player probably meshes better with Noel than Okafor.

No he doesn't.  Okafor is a low post scorer period, whereas Bender is the exact opposite.  He runs the floor well, can shoot the 3 and also can drive. 

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 12:19:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

So, you'd rather the non defender....very interesting.

He (and I) would rather have the scorer over the guy who makes us play offense 4 on 5.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would say that Noel should be cheaper.  He has only one year left on his rookie deal before he's a free agent, unless you want to sign him to an extension this fall (for a ton of money).  Regardless of which I think would be the better fit on the Celtics, the offer shouldn't be the same for the two players due to contract factors alone.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Fakers have more to offer than we do. Would hate to see either of those guys with them.

For us, if I had my preference, I'd take Noel, but if it had to be Okafor, we could always flip him as our "Al Jeff" in a trade for a big fish ("KG").

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
My offer for Noel would be very low. My offer for Okafor would probably still be lower than the 76ers would like.