Author Topic: Durant and Westbrook subtly throwing shade at Curry's defense  (Read 890 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2642706-kevin-durant-russell-westbrook-scoff-at-question-about-steph-currys-defense

This is one of those issues that people will over-blow making it into a bigger deal than what it is, but if you watch the video, they definitely are subtly calling out Curry's defense as NOT underrated.

I've never understood this with professional sports, especially basketball where it's so relevant. Why give your opponent bulletin board material, especially someone like Steph who is capable of busting out a 50 point game on Saturday?

I mean, Russell is no Paul or Bradley himself, and he's certainly not the smartest basketball player. This doesn't mean you should act scared of someone like Curry or James or KD, but you certainly don't "poke the bear," especially a two-time MVP that just came off a 73-win season.

As Celtics fans, we know what it's like when you get a little too confident and take your opponent a little too lightly - 2012 Game 6 ECF.   :(

Re: Durant and Westbrook subtly throwing shade at Curry's defense
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Russ never ever compliments other players. He's a shade throwing machine in press conferences, always has been and always will be.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:43:56 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Russ never ever compliments other players. He's a shade throwing machine in press conferences, always has been and always will be.

Point blank period. He's not poking the bear, he's just doing what he's always done. Literally always. You'll never catch him being complimentary of someone he's just played or is about to play against.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
It doesn't matter what they said. The only thing that matters is the Steph's health. If he's feeling alright tomorrow and plays like he played yesterday, the Warriors will win and then crush them in game seven. I hope that happens because I don't like Cleveland, and the Thunder is not far from that either...