Author Topic: Ainge's master plan  (Read 6457 times)

Ainge's master plan
« on: May 27, 2016, 02:57:50 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Is probably going to be crazier than any of us even imagine. Jackie Mac is sometimes out in left field but had us targetting Mike Conley and Joakim Noah. This makes no sense.  But Ainge is out scouting Bender.  I'd rather stick status quo and draft depending on how bender looks.  But maybe Isaiah will be shipped to cleveland somehow. We'll get Conley somehow.  Kyrie will end up in Memphis.  Somehow this will get us Kevin Love.  We'll sign Noah and Durant will want to come here suddenly.

It's going to be an interesting offseason filled with rumors that will end with us staying at 3 and making our selection.

Truthfully I don't know what Jackie Mac is talking about. She thinks we should throw big money at mike conley.  That makes no sense at all.  He's a free agent and does not fit here.  I don't even see how noah fits unless we are getting love or something.  I get to listen to this for another month.

Why are we targetting conley when isaiah is our lone allstar and was trying to recruit guys like butler himself. The media needs to stick with own guys a bit more than that.  She was right about Rondo but Isaiah isn't going anywhere yet.  Terrible.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:03:48 AM by walker834 »

Re: Ainge's master plan
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 03:30:18 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Is probably going to be crazier than any of us even imagine. Jackie Mac is sometimes out in left field but had us targetting Mike Conley and Joakim Noah. This makes no sense.  But Ainge is out scouting Bender.  I'd rather stick status quo and draft depending on how bender looks.  But maybe Isaiah will be shipped to cleveland somehow. We'll get Conley somehow.  Kyrie will end up in Memphis.  Somehow this will get us Kevin Love.  We'll sign Noah and Durant will want to come here suddenly.

It's going to be an interesting offseason filled with rumors that will end with us staying at 3 and making our selection.

Truthfully I don't know what Jackie Mac is talking about. She thinks we should throw big money at mike conley.  That makes no sense at all.  He's a free agent and does not fit here.  I don't even see how noah fits unless we are getting love or something.  I get to listen to this for another month.

Why are we targetting conley when isaiah is our lone allstar and was trying to recruit guys like butler himself. The media needs to stick with own guys a bit more than that.  She was right about Rondo but Isaiah isn't going anywhere yet.  Terrible.

really depends what Ainge can get for IT. He will definitely move IT in the right trade.

But IT is only traded for another star in return.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:05:14 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I can see Isaiah moving by trade if Rozier became an allstar caliber PG
And ainge needed to make more playing time and was able to get the same or higher value for Thomas e.g. A jimmy butler trade

But unlikely ainge trades Thomas this off-season even if we selected another PG with our 3rd pick
Thomas is entering his prime
Is an all star
And is on a bargain of a contract which will skyrocket with the new salary cap

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 04:09:34 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The way IT is portrayed in Boston, it will be shocking if he was traded.
The only way is gone, is if a team is willing to give a much better player than IT.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:14:41 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
That's what I mean.  I just have no idea why Jackie Mac had us throwing big money at mike conley.  She even prefaced this by saying as a reporter it's her job to make sense.  I was just trying to make sense of why we would do that because what she said made no sense at all lol.

Maybe as a trade asset or to trade Isaiah if Lebron gets sick of Kyrie to get us love maybe. That's all I could think.

I just am listening to this stuff and it's going to be another month before the draft. 

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:31:28 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
The wait from now until the fireworks begin needs to be navigated wisely. What you can be sure of is that there will be more possibilities put forward than realities. It is difficult to know which stories of possible events are realistic. Just when you think DA might go for Oakfor (trading the Nets pick) he could take Bender. He could trade up or pull off the monster move and get a big free agent. Now it is all speculation. Some outcomes seem more likely than others but we know DA is capable of unlikely results.

The thing that plagues the back of my mind, with so many guards (if you go past Bender) available at the three pick, is will DA take one and use one of IT, AB or MS as trade material for a forward or centre? I am not convinced that IT, AB or MS are untouchable or that if the Celtics don't pick a guard in the draft - they won't trade for one or pick one up in FA (obviously a very good one).

Every draft prediction I look at has the Celtics using their first rounders on bigs who need time and developing. I can't see that but I don't get paid for making predictions. At this point I wouldn't put hard earned cash on anything.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 07:14:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge should scout anyone who thinks would help and that includes Bender.

Ainge was hoping we would 1 or 2.   We are on plan B now.  I think Jackie is full on it on this one.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I could see C's doing two IT trades.
IT, the16th+31st picks for Parker. Big name and prospect still.
Conley, AB, Crowder, Parker, KO starters

IT and AB to Kings for pick 8 and WCS. Then flip Rozier, 8 and 23 to Bulls for Butler.
Conley, Butler, Crowder, KO, WCS starters

So sure there are deals out there for IT and Conley would make sense.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 08:08:57 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Danny has always thought outside the box and if he thought MC and YN would make the C's a championship team, then he would do it.  BTW, Jackie Mac out in left field?  I'd say she is more connected to the Celtics than any other reporter in town.  You can usually take her word as the truth.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd love to have Mike Conley here. Not the scorer IT is but a better all-round PG.

I worry a bit about Joakim Noah because of the lack of offense on the perimeter. This team is overly reliant on floor spacing from it's bigs because of the limitations of it's perimeter players offensively.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 08:46:30 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Ainge has always proven he is about value and being able to sign a top-level PG without giving up any assets is exactly something I would expect Ainge to pursue. Noah also makes sense because of his defensive ability and passing. Since he had a down year, I certainly expect Ainge to take a look at him.

I think most of us would be really bummed if IT was just shipped off for peanuts, but it's possible IT isn't going anywhere in this scenario (except back to the bench). Another deal(s) could already be in place for Smart/AB and the #3 pick. Unfortunately we just have to be patient.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ainge has always proven he is about value and being able to sign a top-level PG without giving up any assets is exactly something I would expect Ainge to pursue. Noah also makes sense because of his defensive ability and passing. Since he had a down year, I certainly expect Ainge to take a look at him.

I think most of us would be really bummed if IT was just shipped off for peanuts, but it's possible IT isn't going anywhere in this scenario (except back to the bench). Another deal(s) could already be in place for Smart/AB and the #3 pick. Unfortunately we just have to be patient.

Exactly. If you traded AB and #3 for Butler and added MC and Noah that would be a big upgrade from last year.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 09:15:23 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Has Jackie Mac ever had any insider info?  I mean, since Bird retired?

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 09:18:40 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'd love to have Mike Conley here. Not the scorer IT is but a better all-round PG.

I worry a bit about Joakim Noah because of the lack of offense on the perimeter. This team is overly reliant on floor spacing from it's bigs because of the limitations of it's perimeter players offensively.

God, shoot me now if this is his plan. It sounds absolutely awful.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 09:28:54 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Has Jackie Mac ever had any insider info?  I mean, since Bird retired?

Didn't take long to find one:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=73385.0

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."