Author Topic: What are some potential Lopez deals for Brooklyn?  (Read 2800 times)

Re: What are some potential Lopez deals for Brooklyn?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 04:06:11 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I don't see the point of trading their best players.
They can't get top picks for them so they better reload with usefull FA and make a better bench.
they have 4 nice players, they need 3 solid role/bench players and they can slowly build up from here.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 12:17:55 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

Since doubting their ineptitude worked out so well for us last year, I'm gonna keep it going.

Lol, TP. I'm predicting that they sign Lebron + Durant and break GSW's new record.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 12:26:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Since they still have no incentive to lose, I expect them to make a hard run at free agents this summer.  Pencil them in for major overpay that might actually improve them a bit.

Since doubting their ineptitude worked out so well for us last year, I'm gonna keep it going.  Their starting lineup (when healthy) was actually really effective last season.  It was their depth that was atrocious.  It's not unfathomable that they will sign a couple guys to make them competitive enough to win 35+ next season.

Oh, no, is this the new Eddie20 signature?  ;)

In all reality, it is possible that they get better, but it is also likely all the other bad teams get better, as well (LAL, Philly, Phoenix, Minny, etc). At this point, the Nets have to be considered the worst team going into next year. A couple of FA signings certainly could change that, but they are pretty horrible and they somehow avoided a Lopez injury, which is amazing in itself.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:50 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Any nets manager who makes a trade with ainge the next 5-7 years will be fired... ask king.. they will stay away from us.. they will try to get a first rounder at some point.. they are worse now without johnson.. lopez could be injured.. let them be bad again

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hmm, perhaps I'm overvaluing him a bit, but I don't think you guys are quite giving him enough credit.

The dude averaged 20.6 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, 2 assists on 51% shooting and 78% free throw shooting. That's pretty legit. And it's not just due to him being on a really bad team this year, either, because those are right on par with his career numbers. I mean, those are All-Star numbers if his team wasn't as bad as it was.

Honestly, if one of Simmons or Ingram doesn't fall and we aren't able to trade for another star, I'd do what I could to nab him.

It's not that he's not a good player, it's that I don't trust him at all to be healthy and I just don't like his game in today's NBA or Brad's system. Jahil's floor seems to be Lopez so I would rather take a chance on him and hope he can become something more. He also has three more years of rookie contract so that is a huge bonus.

I would consider 16 and 23, but no Rozier - they can have Young or RJ instead.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 12:44:14 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I've been beating this point like a dead horse, but I can't resist... NBA front offices and head coaches are really into the idea of players who can defend the pick and roll and guard multiple positions. If you can't do that, teams can easily scheme you out of being productive when you're on defense. That's the problem with players such as Lopez. He's not even good one-on-one guarding back-to-the-basket bigs, and he's not shot blocker even though he's tall. Meanwhile he's heavy-footed and slow going out in space.

If he was Kevin McHale on offense, then that'd be something. But he's good, not great on that end of the floor.

In other words: the Nets are cooked for a long time.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com