Author Topic: David Pick: Ainge scouting Bender and Zizic in Europe  (Read 5851 times)

David Pick: Ainge scouting Bender and Zizic in Europe
« on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 
Danny Ainge, I'm told, saw Ante Zizic collect 12 & 13 in Croatia. @DraftExpress has him going to Celtics at 23.

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 
Source: Boston's Danny Ainge, Austin Ainge headed to Israel to watch Dragan Bender work.

Re: David Pick: Ainge scouting Bender and Zizic in Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Great news.  Zizic is going to end up a top ten player in this draft

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Great news.  Zizic is going to end up a top ten player in this draft

It would be cool to take the 2 Croatians bigs that have already been playing together for years. Would probably help the transition to the states.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 09:04:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 
Danny Ainge, I'm told, saw Ante Zizic collect 12 & 13 in Croatia. @DraftExpress has him going to Celtics at 23.

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 
Source: Boston's Danny Ainge, Austin Ainge headed to Israel to watch Dragan Bender work.

Hold your horses. Just to go scout

Zizic is a definite option at 23

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 

David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 

Hold your horses. Just to go scout

Uh, look at the subject title...attention to detail.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bender seems like the guy at three if a trade doesn't happen.

Zizic would make sense as a draft and stash. Gonna have a few of those this year I bet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 07:44:09 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Pick-

With the 2016 NBA draft on the immediate horizon, Boston Celtics President Danny Ainge and Director of Player Personnel Austin Ainge are Euro-touring. Both were in Israel this past weekend to evaluate top-five-projected draft pick Dragan Bender in a series of workouts through Monday. 

The Celtics secured the No. 3 draft selection in the draft lottery in mid-May and have serious intentions of picking the Croatian wunderkind, according to sources in Bender's camp. Not long ago, Celtics international scout Benas Matkevicius spent time in Tel Aviv watching Bender and filed an encouraging report.

Most mock drafts have Zizic falling in the 20-30 range, and Boston also has the 23rd pick. Zizic recently inserted an out clause into his Cibona contract, but sources from Zizic's camp believe he is open to the draft-and-stash route. Regardless of whether he jumps to the NBA or returns overseas, he is not continuing in Zagreb.

Anadolu Efes shooting guard Furkan Korkmaz—a 6'7", 18-year-old projected to go to the Boston Celtics with the No. 16 pick, according to DraftXpress—will return to Turkey next season, opting for the draft-and-stash route, his agent Misko Raznatovic told Bleacher Report.   

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 07:53:02 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Would like zizic with our 23rd pick
Nice draft and stash or can bring him out immediately to fill our C position

Also nice to see ainge and scouting team do their diligence in scouting international players
Especially with our wide range and number of picks this year

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:58:45 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
A possible option could be to draft and stash the 16 and 23 picks with Korkmaz and Zizic. This way we don't clutter our roster with players unlikely to contribute next season. Instead, we can overpay some vets (Deng, Joe Johnson, Dudley etc.) on Amir Johnson type deals and carry over the cap space to the summer of 17.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 08:08:30 AM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
A possible option could be to draft and stash the 16 and 23 picks with Korkmaz and Zizic. This way we don't clutter our roster with players unlikely to contribute next season. Instead, we can overpay some vets (Deng, Joe Johnson, Dudley etc.) on Amir Johnson type deals and carry over the cap space to the summer of 17.

I agree. This would make perfect sense if there isn't a good trade deal out there.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 08:24:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
DA smokescreen.  It's the season.  :D

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 08:27:48 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
Can you imagine the reaction on this board if Ainge uses all three first round picks on Europeans?

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 08:41:37 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Can you imagine the reaction on this board if Ainge uses all three first round picks on Europeans?

I wouldn't mind Bender, Korkmaz en Zicic. If the first comes over right away and the other two play another season in Europe, I'm totally cool with it.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I wouldn't mind Bender, Korkmaz en Zicic. If the first comes over right away and the other two play another season in Europe, I'm totally cool with it.

Depending who's on the board obviously but I'd be happy with that. Ideally I'd like to use some of our picks, perrhaps a guy like KO too, to move up into the back end of the top 10 and get another solid rookie like Poeltl or Davis.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 09:21:22 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Depending who's on the board obviously but I'd be happy with that. Ideally I'd like to use some of our picks, perrhaps a guy like KO too, to move up into the back end of the top 10 and get another solid rookie like Poeltl or Davis.

Deytona Davis!
Big man may be the steal of the draft