Author Topic: D'Angelo Russell  (Read 2220 times)

D'Angelo Russell
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:45:18 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
If BOS trades for Jahlil Okafor I think the we should look into trading for D'Angelo Russell & rebuilding through the draft (with a team that can grow together for the next 6-8 years under rookie contracts) similar to OKC.  Jah & Russell have the potential to be premiere scorers in the NBA & BOS can stay true to its identity & surround them with defensive & gritty players.  JO DR & Marcus smart in my opinion make a very solid core to build around.  BOS can put together a package of Isaiah Thomas Avery Bradley & future picks for D'Angelo.  The thought process for this trade stems from the fact that LAL will always be a premiere landing spot for star free agents.  I think LAL would be foolish not to trade the second pick for Demarcus Cousins (assuming hes available) & from what I've read Demar Derozan to LAL is a deal that is as good as done.  LAL has the tools to have a very quick rebuild so that is the only reason I believe they would consider a Russell trade.

Re: D'Angelo Russell
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:15:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Neither Okafor or Russell will be easy to trade for.  In either case, you'd have to give up at minimum the #3 pick.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Why the #^%$ would LA or any Team trade a young "'high draft choice" ? NONE  thats who.

The NBA is built on "what could be" since most of these Top picks are projects because they leave School way to early.

Why do you think there are very few trades on draft day? Because every Team does not want to be the one to deal off a potential superstar or who they deem a superstar with development. That is why most Teams wait years before they discard a top pick.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:52:06 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
The Cavs just did it. We rebuilt our 08 team in 1 offseason. It's not like its an impossible scenario.  If anything these players situations help our case because jahlil cant play with noel or embiid & if LAL has a big off season maybe their inclined to trade. 

Jahlil okafor for 3rd pick and terry rozier
D'angelo Russell for IT AB and future picks
^ if they aquire other stars

Or something like that?

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:42 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Cavs did it because a proven all star in kevin love is in the table. We dont have that kind of asset outside Thomas. Ainge mad it clear that he wont trade for any stars over 30 years old.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I don't want a guy who breaks the bro code on this team.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 11:31:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
be snitching on Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, and Brad Stevens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:46:14 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
IT and AB are each so much better than Dangelo ever will be.   He's a bust, let him be LA's problem.   

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 11:50:15 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
IT and AB are each so much better than Dangelo ever will be.   He's a bust, let him be LA's problem.

he's not a bust at all. please, just because he's a laker doesn't mean he's bad.

he didn't have a great rookie season, but he showed a ton of flashes of brilliance, especially second half of the season. he's gonna be a fine player in this league guys. i'm telling you now.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:40:35 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Russell will be good no doubt. James Harden type of talent. Lakers won't trade him, why would they ridiculous.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:06 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

he's not a bust at all. please, just because he's a laker doesn't mean he's bad.

he didn't have a great rookie season, but he showed a ton of flashes of brilliance, especially second half of the season. he's gonna be a fine player in this league guys. i'm telling you now.

I agree, he's all but bust. But I also don't see sense in trading our All Star player for anyone but another All Star. Logical, right?