Author Topic: D'Antoni is the new coach of Houston  (Read 1983 times)

Re: D'Antoni is the new coach of Houston
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
The latest sign that the Rockets are going nowhere.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Harden for scoring champ in 16/17. Houston misses the playoffs. Its the 90/91 Nuggets redeux.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'll say this, if Daryl understands that the thing to do here is give DAntoni and Harden mostly fast athletic defensive pieces to work with, Houston may have just the right mix to actually be a fast and effective team, though probably still not terribly fun to watch.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I'll say this, if Daryl understands that the thing to do here is give DAntoni and Harden mostly fast athletic defensive pieces to work with, Houston may have just the right mix to actually be a fast and effective team, though probably still not terribly fun to watch.

I read a rumor on RealGM boards that Morey pushed for JVG, but owner Les Alexander is a D'Antoni guy, and forced Morey's hand. Have no idea if that's true.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I read a rumor on RealGM boards that Morey pushed for JVG, but owner Les Alexander is a D'Antoni guy, and forced Morey's hand. Have no idea if that's true.

Sounds plausible. Les is an awful owner.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain