Author Topic: Does anyone still want Butler if it meant the #3 pick?  (Read 4625 times)

Does anyone still want Butler if it meant the #3 pick?
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:26:34 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
With all the debate about whether we should draft either Bender, Heild, Murray or trade for Okafor, not much is being said about the much rumored deal for Butler before the trade deadline.

Does anyone still have an appetite for such a deal? As for myself, count me out. I'd much prefer any of the players mentioned above with the exception of Murray. I feel he'd get eaten up by defenders.

Anyone in favor? Against? 

Re: Does anyone still want Butler if it meant the #3 pick?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:27:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Remind me what the deal was?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149

To be honest I don't know. I'm not sure it was ever verified that he was the prime target.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes.

Butler > #3
Butler > J.Okafor

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 05:42:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Yes

Please

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45:15 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

It was all speculative.  But Danny supposedly low balled with 3 first round picks (#3, #16, and another future Memphis First) & Crowder for Butler.  Actually, they didn't mention Crowder, they just mentioned 'reserves'.

So who knows the actual offer.  They said that the Bulls wanted Crowder and I believe I heard Danny pulled it away at that point.  I think it was just more of a feel that Ainge was getting on the value the Bulls put on Butler.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
Yes.

Butler > #3
Butler > J.Okafor

All true.  But isn't it more like this:

Butler<#3, #16, Future First, & Crowder

Are you giving all that up for Butler ?  That's the question.  Who knows the offer though.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 05:49:33 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
I am definitely interested in the trade.  But I throw in Bradley, and not Crowder, and I take #16 off the board. 

They can have #3 and a future first (non-Nets related, more like the Memphis first) plus Bradley for Butler.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 05:56:53 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Keep in mind even if you were in the room, it would all be speculative. Before the season ended and the lottery was complete, we could have been talking about picking 1,12,20 or 6,16,25.

I'd strongly consider moving the #3 pick, but I wouldn't want to add much more. Butler will be making close to $20M and it's at least debatable how huge of an upgrade he is over Crowder. The Bulls would be selling very high if we started making a grandfather offer for him.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 06:03:15 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

It was all speculative.  But Danny supposedly low balled with 3 first round picks (#3, #16, and another future Memphis First) & Crowder for Butler.  Actually, they didn't mention Crowder, they just mentioned 'reserves'.

So who knows the actual offer.  They said that the Bulls wanted Crowder and I believe I heard Danny pulled it away at that point.  I think it was just more of a feel that Ainge was getting on the value the Bulls put on Butler.

It seems like a bit of an overpay. Idk, maybe I would be down? It's a tough decision for sure.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 06:13:57 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
The #3 for Butler?  No thanks.  Pls don't do it Danny.  And Danny, last year when you tried to trade 5 picks for the 9th (?) pick - are you f-ing insane?

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
3 and AB for Gibson and Butler works great for me.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 06:19:58 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I am definitely interested in the trade.  But I throw in Bradley, and not Crowder, and I take #16 off the board. 

They can have #3 and a future first (non-Nets related, more like the Memphis first) plus Bradley for Butler.

I would offer up all 3 first this year and AB. I think a key to bringing in butler and winning is retaining crowder in any deal. Small ball with butler at 3 and crowder at 4 would be a very effecting unit
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 06:22:13 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Yes.

Butler > #3
Butler > J.Okafor

All true.  But isn't it more like this:

Butler<#3, #16, Future First, & Crowder

Are you giving all that up for Butler ?  That's the question.  Who knows the offer though.

No way.  The most I go for Butler is the #3, another 1st, maybe one of Rozier/Mickey, and the salary filler.  I do not give up the #3 and any of our top 5 players.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
The #3 for Butler?  No thanks.  Pls don't do it Danny.  And Danny, last year when you tried to trade 5 picks for the 9th (?) pick - are you f-ing insane?

I'm actually expecting a big time overpay.  To be completely honest, I'll be fine with it, if it's for a game changing player.  He'd loaded up the assets in order to afford an overpay now.  He's won so many darn deals that he's now able to lop side a deal so that it gets done.  Not many teams will be able to match his offer, & the team he trades with won't be able to say no.