Author Topic: Trade Idea - Nurkic/Lavine  (Read 815 times)

Trade Idea - Nurkic/Lavine
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gq22tss

The Nuggest have Jokic, why do they need Nurkic. Sullinger would allow them a little more flexibility.

Likewise, the TWolves have their back-court of the future: Wiggins and Rubio. So we offer them Smart's contract, and the 16 for Lavine and Rudez, as cap filler. ...we need shooters, and Lavine is a better shooter. Minny needs defense, and Smart is a better defender.

Thoughts on one or both ideas welcome.

Re: Trade Idea - Nurkic/Lavine
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gq22tss

The Nuggest have Jokic, why do they need Nurkic. Sullinger would allow them a little more flexibility.

Likewise, the TWolves have their back-court of the future: Wiggins and Rubio. So we offer them Smart's contract, and the 16 for Lavine and Rudez, as cap filler. ...we need shooters, and Lavine is a better shooter. Minny needs defense, and Smart is a better defender.

Thoughts on one or both ideas welcome.

Sully is a FA, so we can't just trade him (and a S&T makes no sense for the Nuggests, they have the cap space to sign him outright)

As for the other trade, no way.  I wouldn't trade Smart for Lavine straight up, never mind if we have to give up the #16 as well
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd rather have Jokic than Nurkic.  It seemed like every time I watched the Nuggs, Nurkic was whining about something.  Leaving the game and holding his head or his wrist with some sort of imagined injury that couldn't be seen on film.  Then he'd re-enter after a few minutes, still calling attention to his injury to show that he was fouled.  I remember this happening at least 5 different times.  He missed a bunch of games with undisclosed illnesses.  Missed a game due to "shortness of breath".  He seems like a head case.  He has also had legitimate injuries, which doesn't help.  Pass on Nurkic.

Lavine probably can't get on the court for Stevens.  Doesn't defend well enough.  Doesn't solve any of our playmaking issues.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 04:58:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have seen worse ideas on this site, but I have seen a whole bunch other ideas I think are much better and more easy to get the other team to want to happen. Denver isnt doing a sign and trade with Sully and they are quite happy having Nurkic and Jokic compete for minutes so they can develop them through competition. Also, the guard that is the future along with Wiggins in Minny is Lavine, not Rubio. Minny would love Smart but would want to dump Rubio, not Lavine.