Author Topic: Marcus is a keeper  (Read 4795 times)

Marcus is a keeper
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Do not trade Marcus for any reason because there isn't one that makes sense.  Agree?  Disagree?

Re: Marcus is a keeper
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Agree.

Any trade that does NOT include him, I agree with.  The guy is special.  I can't wait for him to hit his apex.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Do not trade Marcus for any reason because there isn't one that makes sense.  Agree?  Disagree?

Disagree.

No one currently on the roster should be deemed untouchable if the right deal presents.

Follow up: it's not up to me to determine what "the right deal" is.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
I'd trade Thomas before I trade Smart.  That's how much potential I see in this guy. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 04:28:31 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Great defender but his offensive game is suspect. He has value so if the right trade came along for a player who is established I'd pull the trigger. But it would have to be like Marcus and next years Brooklyn swap for Butler. I wouldn't do it any other way

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I'd trade Thomas before I trade Smart.  That's how much potential I see in this guy.

Completely disagree.

Thomas has the heart of a Celtic.

Smart has to improve offensively, and calm down before I ever begin to view him as more than Tony Allen Part Deux.

I would certainly include him in the right deal, and that includes moving the 3 if necessary.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
This guy has taken over games (playoffs games even) when he wasn't supposed to.  When he isn't efficient offensively, his defense and steals makes a huge difference.  To lose all of that to a team that didn't see him develop into his prime would be tragedy.  DO NOT TRADE MARCUS SMART.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:41:50 PM by Clench123 »

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:04 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

Completely disagree.

Smart has to improve offensively, and calm down before I ever begin to view him as more than Tony Allen Part Deux.

I would certainly include him in the right deal, and that includes moving the 3 if necessary.

I guess you don't value defense as I do.  I'm not taking anything away from Thomas but we've seen ALL of what IT can do.  He's a glorified 6th man at best.  Come playoffs he's very EASY to shut down.  Thomas was more efficient in his ROOKIE year than Avery Bradley was in his.  Let that sink in  for a second...

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Knowing Danny though he won't trade Smart. But like I said, I don't see him as an offensive threat. So if a Butler came into the picture I'd pull that trigger. I just don't see it in Marcus. Great defense but if we could get more offense I'd do it.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
If possible, I'd trade Smart for Noel and draft Dunn at #3.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't want to trade Marcus because I view him higher than the market does, so any deal that goes through with Marcus will probably be viewed negatively by me.

For example I wouldn't trade Marcus for Okafor straight up (I know a lot of people disagree).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I got TOO many Marcus Tee's etc for Danny to be trading him soon.  I got a lot invested in his number. :)

He IS the player I would be if I was in the NBA .  So I also value him to high .....but I would not accept any deal that doesn't bring back a top young big .....Davis , Drummmd , Cousins or like.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 05:08:28 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
IT a glorified 6th man?  Did you not see him score 42 points and get the game-sealing steal against the Hawks in the playoffs??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAZcpdU50KI

I really feel we have a great group of guards in IT, Smart, and AB.  Smart had his playoff moments as well, literally taking over in the 4th quarter and OT of game 4 against the Hawks.  Not to mention he managed to slow down Millsap a freaking powerforward who was killing us before Smart was assigned to guard him!

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/04/24/nba-playoffs-celtics-hawks-game-4-marcus-smart-comeback-video

And Terry Rozier has shown some good potential as well, just not on the level of IT or Smart.

What the Celtics lack though is an alternative go-to scorer to relieve the pressure for IT.

Completely disagree.

I guess you don't value defense as I do.  I'm not taking anything away from Thomas but we've seen ALL of what IT can do.  He's a glorified 6th man at best.  Come playoffs he's very EASY to shut down.  Thomas was more efficient in his ROOKIE year than Avery Bradley was in his.  Let that sink in  for a second...

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I loved KG

Now Smart s game

I think I'd be a HUge Maker fan .....he has the same motor.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Think long and hard, before you trade such a warrior. If he ever develops his offensive game to average 14-15 a game...watch out.