Author Topic: Isaiah Earned 20 Points in All-NBA Voting  (Read 2447 times)

Isaiah Earned 20 Points in All-NBA Voting
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:15:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Check out @HowardBeck's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/735909145833005057?s=09

Gotta love the Little Guy.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: Isaiah Earned 20 Points in All-NBA Voting
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:20:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
That puts him as the third runner-up guard, behind Harden and DeRozan. Isaiah was voted as the 9th best guard on the planet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:01:43 PM by max215 »

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He's no good.... trade him for the 13th pick in the draft, then trade all the rest of our picks for veterans!!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:47:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I just realized Bradley made first team all-defense, and Crowder missed the second team by 1 point. Well deserved.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
20 points?  And people are getting excited?  Lowry got 155 points.  Based on points, Thomas is closer to Kemba Walker (6 pts) than he is to Lowry (for example).

IT is a fine player and had a great season but this "score" doesn't mean much.  Interesting that Jimmy Butler got only 12 points so I guess it would be a good trade; Thomas for Butler straight up.  Chicago would get 8 more all nba points so they win the trade.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:20:05 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
20 points?  And people are getting excited?  Lowry got 155 points.  Based on points, Thomas is closer to Kemba Walker (6 pts) than he is to Lowry (for example).

IT is a fine player and had a great season but this "score" doesn't mean much.  Interesting that Jimmy Butler got only 12 points so I guess it would be a good trade; Thomas for Butler straight up.  Chicago would get 8 more all nba points so they win the trade.
What are you talking about? 

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

I don't know what is so hard to understand.

The All-NBA "contest" is based on vote points.  Thomas got 20 points.  i don't think that is a big deal.  Kemba Walker got 6 points.  Whoo hoo.  The real NBA stars got more like 200 to 700 points.  20 points does not mean that Thomas is a star.  He is what he is, a nice player.

He did get more points than Jimmy Butler though which surprises me.  I  think Jimmy Butler is better and more valuable which leads me to put even less stock in this ranking.

Did you even look at the voting results?  Maybe that is the disconnect.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

The All-NBA "contest" is based on vote points.  Thomas got 20 points.  i don't think that is a big deal.  Kemba Walker got 6 points.  Whoo hoo.  The real NBA stars got more like 200 to 700 points.  20 points does not mean that Thomas is a star.  He is what he is, a nice player.

He did get more points than Jimmy Butler though which surprises me.  I  think Jimmy Butler is better and more valuable which leads me to put even less stock in this ranking.

He finished 9th among all guards in the NBA. How is this anything but an accomplishment?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:02:01 PM by max215 »

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Jeez man. He had a great season. Can't you appreciate that?

I swear, this forum hates so much on our own players smh.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
Wow, I guess if you are not a cheer leader you are a hater.  My bad.  IT is the 8th best guard in the league, just ahead of Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker according to this vote.   I don't understand what that is supposed to mean.  I don't think it means anything, sorry.

IT had a terrific season.  He is an outstanding contract value.  Danny was brilliant to get him for what he got him for.  With him as our best player, we were also a first round out to Atlanta.

It is like some people (maybe not you) are taking this vote as a sort of vindication that they were right that Thomas is a top NBA player.  I don't buy that but I guess I shouldn't rain on this little IT parade.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Wow, I guess if you are not a cheer leader you are a hater.  My bad.  IT is the 8th best guard in the league, just ahead of Jimmy Butler and Kemba Walker according to this vote.   I don't understand what that is supposed to mean.  I don't think it means anything, sorry.

IT had a terrific season.  He is an outstanding contract value.  Danny was brilliant to get him for what he got him for.  With him as our best player, we were also a first round out to Atlanta.

It is like some people (maybe not you) are taking this vote as a sort of vindication that they were right that Thomas is a top NBA player.  I don't buy that but I guess I shouldn't rain on this little IT parade.

Sounds like a tough day at the office eh? I don't think anyone is doing cartwheels over it. However, it is nice that a player that was viewed as a solid bench player when he was acquired is now viewed as one of the better guards in the league behind a number of guards generally viewed as superstars. It is going to be a long offseason with little news on a day to day basis, so if people find some small thing like this that gets them excited it is probably to just let it go at that.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 06:17:28 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
So they ranked IT as the 23rd best player in the NBA for this one year.  Whoopdedoo..................

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 06:38:31 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

No, I'm wondering who is calling it a big deal? Who are these people getting excited? I don't see anyone here doing that. Do they live next to you, is that why you came here to complain about them? Maybe you should talk to them.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
You know what surpised me? The fact that Deandre Jordan is in the All NBA first team. Is it me or is Deandre is becoming overrated?

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
You know what surpised me? The fact that Deandre Jordan is in the All NBA first team. Is it me or is Deandre is becoming overrated?

Same here. But I think that's more about the center position still being there, where the All-Star voting took the center position off of the ballot.