Author Topic: Who do Sacramento pick at 8?  (Read 4478 times)

Re: Who do Sacramento pick at 8?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think SAC trades down, or out.

To expand on this...

Boston
Cauley-Stein

Why for us? Cauley-Stein entering only the second year of his rookie deal fills a need and starts at center. Smart would move into the starting lineup. This would also gives us options at #3. For example, if Ainge really like Dunn we can take him at #3. At #8 we could go various routes depending on who's available. Another center (Poeltl), high upside 4's (Skal, Chriss, Davis), high upside 3 (Brown) or a perfect roster fit (Valentine).

Sacramento
Bradley

Why for them? Sacramento is in "win now" mode and Bradley is an ideal player that can spread the floor, doesn't need the ball in his hands, and can change the defensive culture of that team.

Who says, no?
I'm saying no to that. I really do think Bradley is underrated here. 1st team all defence and remember he is only 25!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think anyone leading up to BOS at #16 could try to move up to the #8 to target someone.

CHI is at #14, and could potentially lose their starting frontcourt from last season. They could be motivated to move up for the best big on the board.

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Kris Dunn would be perfect in SAC, he's exactly what they need. They need to trade-up, but really don't have anything to offer without decimating their team.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 12:54:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

To expand on this...

Boston
Cauley-Stein

Why for us? Cauley-Stein entering only the second year of his rookie deal fills a need and starts at center. Smart would move into the starting lineup. This would also gives us options at #3. For example, if Ainge really like Dunn we can take him at #3. At #8 we could go various routes depending on who's available. Another center (Poeltl), high upside 4's (Skal, Chriss, Davis), high upside 3 (Brown) or a perfect roster fit (Valentine).

Sacramento
Bradley

Why for them? Sacramento is in "win now" mode and Bradley is an ideal player that can spread the floor, doesn't need the ball in his hands, and can change the defensive culture of that team.

Who says, no?
I'm saying no to that. I really do think Bradley is underrated here. 1st team all defence and remember he is only 25!

I love Bradley, but I'm trying to create a little better roster balance, while at the same type having some prospects that will be cost controlled for the next several seasons vs a Bradley who will be looking to capitalize on a huge contract in 2 seasons. That said, adding Cauley-Stein and moving up a spot to two to draft Hield (assuming he's in play at 6th or 7th) seems like great value for Bradley and whoever is at 23.

We would have a starting a backcourt of Smart and Thomas and a reserve backcourt of Rozier and Hield. Plus, we'd be drafting Bender at #3 and have Cauley-Stein in a trade. That's two bigs that compliment each other extremely well offensively and both are excellent in defending in space and in the PNR.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The Kings will really be in an interesting position and this draft pick could shed some light on their long and short term team plan. (or lack of one)

I did a fan post that laid out my draft tiers back on May 19th. After Simmons, Ingram and Bender I had a large tier of Murray, Hield, Poeltl, Ellenson, Dunn, and Brown. Out of those 6 players the two who I suspect will be available at #8 are Ellenson and Poeltl. This is a problem because Poeltl is redundant with WCS and Ellenson is to similar to Cousins to be effective with him.

What may make the most sense for the Kings is to trade #8 to the Suns for #13 + #28 + #34. For a team that needs a talent overhaul three picks may be a great option. They could potentially land #13 Valentine, #28 Bembry and at #34 a guard like Fielder, D Murray or Barber. 

The Suns could then draft Ellenson to fill their need at PF. Even if the Suns end up with Bender this may be a solid plan as Ellenson may be more ready in the short term to contribute and in the long term Bender should be a versatile enough defender to play along side Ellenson.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
I think anyone leading up to BOS at #16 could try to move up to the #8 to target someone.

CHI is at #14, and could potentially lose their starting frontcourt from last season. They could be motivated to move up for the best big on the board.

Certainly they could. To me the 8-16 range in the draft is projects and stashes so if a team wants experience they can wait til after the lottery. Someone looking for some depth can trade with Boston for 16+23 or Phoenix for 13+27. I suppose Chicago might target Poeltl.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
The Kings will really be in an interesting position and this draft pick could shed some light on their long and short term team plan. (or lack of one)

I did a fan post that laid out my draft tiers back on May 19th. After Simmons, Ingram and Bender I had a large tier of Murray, Hield, Poeltl, Ellenson, Dunn, and Brown. Out of those 6 players the two who I suspect will be available at #8 are Ellenson and Poeltl. This is a problem because Poeltl is redundant with WCS and Ellenson is to similar to Cousins to be effective with him.

What may make the most sense for the Kings is to trade #8 to the Suns for #13 + #28 + #34. For a team that needs a talent overhaul three picks may be a great option. They could potentially land #13 Valentine, #28 Bembry and at #34 a guard like Fielder, D Murray or Barber. 

The Suns could then draft Ellenson to fill their need at PF. Even if the Suns end up with Bender this may be a solid plan as Ellenson may be more ready in the short term to contribute and in the long term Bender should be a versatile enough defender to play along side Ellenson.

Won't Ellenson be there at #13 if the Suns stand pat?

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 01:36:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

To expand on this...

Boston
Cauley-Stein

Sacramento
Bradley

Who says, no?

I love Bradley, but I'm trying to create a little better roster balance, while at the same type having some prospects that will be cost controlled for the next several seasons vs a Bradley who will be looking to capitalize on a huge contract in 2 seasons. That said, adding Cauley-Stein and moving up a spot to two to draft Hield (assuming he's in play at 6th or 7th) seems like great value for Bradley and whoever is at 23.

We would have a starting a backcourt of Smart and Thomas and a reserve backcourt of Rozier and Hield. Plus, we'd be drafting Bender at #3 and have Cauley-Stein in a trade. That's two bigs that compliment each other extremely well offensively and both are excellent in defending in space and in the PNR.

Huh, interesting actually. I might actually be down for this.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I honestly do not think he will be, I am predicting

1. 76ers  Simmons
2. LAL      Ingram
3. Cs        Dunn (traded to 76ers)
4. Suns    Bender
5. Minn    Murray
6. NO       Hield
7. Nug     Brown
8. King     Ellenson
9. Rap      Labissiere
10. Buck  Poeltl

I think the Raptors and Bucks would both love to see Ellenson available. He has the size to develop into a center but with added work on his outside shot a stretch 4 perimeter game. Add that to his productive freshman year and I would be really surprised to see him outside the top 10. Even at #11 he could be a nice option as Vucevic's backup.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

I have him going to the Bucks at #10. But I have a few trades in my mock atm which might affect his standing in a big board. In a big board I think he's lower.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

To expand on this...

Boston
Cauley-Stein

Sacramento
Bradley

Who says, no?

Huh, interesting actually. I might actually be down for this.

It certainly is more enticing when Eddie says it like that... Obviously it's dependent on then moving up for Hield. That would be hard. It would also be a tough sell to the franchise as it is a step back next year. How would that mentally affect guys like IT, Crowder and Amir?

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 02:06:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
If Hield somehow slips to #8 (who goes ahead of him?), I can't see anyone trading that pick away.

Edit. I see: the idea is to get #8, and then add more value to get to Buddytown. That's going to be pricey, I think. Especially if #8 is that next tier.