Author Topic: Curveball; 3rd pick for Embiid (including full medical)  (Read 5261 times)

Re: Curveball; 3rd pick for Embiid (including full medical)
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I know its borring and its slow news day on Celtics front but what I don't understand why do some people around here thinks we should trade our best asset for some, to put it mildly, questionable character and injured players???
Like the other day someone suggested we should trade 3rd and Smart for Okafor!?? I mean are you serious? Do you watch nba? Have you watched Celtics play this past season? I mean you don't have to like some players but this borders with pure sanity man. You get superstar for that not some rookie who is good player on a bad team. Do you really want to hand over the keys of the franchise to a player who is mentally on the same level as my brothers ten year old daughter.
If we gonna trade our bkn pick we gonna trade it for some proven player not some question mark player with potential. If you do that then you rather go drafting a player route...

This.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 10:15:12 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Lets stay away injury prone players. Lets get players that are healthy.

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 10:43:09 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
TP for the idea.. it's at least thinking somewhat out of the box. 

We'd only gain value on this deal if our Medical Staff could identify an area of potential future success that other medical staffs couldn't.  Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near this level of confidence in the celtic's medical staff   :-[

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Only issue is, the Sixers see Embid with more upside than Okafor if he's healthy.  Anyway, I'd be shocked if Okafor or Noel aren't a Celtic come draft night.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I agree - I think it's gonna be Okafor.

Would it be something like Rozier, Young, and #3 for Okafor?  They need guards in a bad way.

As a secondary trade, what do you guys think about #16, #23, #31 and Jerebko to the Kings for #8 and Marco Belinelli?  Belinelli is coming off of a bad year so maybe the Kings will be eager to dump him. If he can have a bounce back year, his shooting would help this team off the bench.

The #8 pick is the first in the 3rd tier and its all big men:  Poeltl, Sabonis, Davis, Chriss, Skal, Ellenson.   The question for both teams would be: Can the Kings still get one of those bigs down at #16?  Can the Celtics get lucky and have Hield or Brown or Murray drop to #8?

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
With his health thus far, it scares me, could be Greg Oden II.

Same. He had injury problems in his only college season as well. I might be wrong but I think he missed the NCAA tourney.

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Wait, people seriously want to trade the 3rd overall pick in the draft for a guy who hasn't played basketball competitively I'm 3 years???

I just don't get the obsession with Embiid.

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 11:50:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wait, people seriously want to trade the 3rd overall pick in the draft for a guy who hasn't played basketball competitively I'm 3 years???

I just don't get the obsession with Embiid.

The allure of potential.   It drags people in.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Dragan Bender probably has higher potential then.  Scouts said he is advanced compared to Porzingis at the same age.

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
If Philly is willing to trade Embiid, then there is something wrong with him.   Embiid hasn’t played in two years.  He is Oden without the glimpse of the greatness that could have been, because he has play zero minutes.   If Embiid is what he was supposed to be then no team trades that.  Really he’s only getting traded if he is a bust.  Philly did that before to some team when they traded a player that was injured.  There was a bit of discussion about it but I forget all the details.  I think the player was Lou Williams.  It was when Philly began the tank movement.