Author Topic: Curveball; 3rd pick for Embiid (including full medical)  (Read 5263 times)

Re: Curveball; 3rd pick for Embiid (including full medical)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:32:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
If Embid is healthy then I don't think they'd do the trade....if that makes sense?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:19 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If Embid is healthy then I don't think they'd do the trade....if that makes sense?

Yeah I completely see where you are coming from and I know it is a long shot but just given they have essentially 3 centre and 2 starting power forwards in Saric and soon to be Simmons, my thought was something has to give and if Ainge makes a mac daddy offer and his medical clears Embiid is what we are looking for a rim protector who can shoot and run the floor.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 07:39:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think either team would do it honestly.  Sixers would much rather move Okafor because it is clear he doesn't fit well with the rest of the team. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:52 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Will the physical be conducted using equipment from the future brought here by Doctor Who and also have various exorcists and shamans in attendance?

Do you speak in proper English sentences? Or only sarcastic tones?

What does a comment like this accomplish? Are you perhaps a 11 year old child who enjoys trolling in-between recess and lunch?

You have heard of a thing called science? This principle called 'science' can be extrapolated to things like scans or can be used by people called 'doctors' who can evaluate (big word for estimate) a basketball player and see if he has any long term issues or his injuries are just a complex & isolated (remote) incident.
Tell us more about this thing which is never wrong. And please use a sentence with perspicacity and various 5 syllable words. And maybe you could make it come out of the Len Bias mouth.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 08:01:53 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Then why, pray tell, was science completely wrong about Bill Walton, Sam Bowie and Yao Ming?

The idea that "science" can definitely clear an injured player is a misconception of the highest order.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 08:10:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Except he's not healthy.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Too many question marks.

Took basketball late in high school and hasn't even had many miles on his body and still has managed to have injury after injury. He's only played 647 minutes since 2013 and has lost crucial years of development. What's more, he's a player that relied on his athletic gifts (e.g. quickness, agility, leaping ability) to dominate college basketball, but we don't know how much of that athleticism is now lost.

March 2014 surgery for a spinal stress fracture
June 2014 surgery for a navicular bone fracture
August 2015 2nd surgery for his navicular bone fracture
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:21:55 AM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Will the physical be conducted using equipment from the future brought here by Doctor Who and also have various exorcists and shamans in attendance?

What does a comment like this accomplish? Are you perhaps a 11 year old child who enjoys trolling in-between recess and lunch?

You have heard of a thing called science? This principle called 'science' can be extrapolated to things like scans or can be used by people called 'doctors' who can evaluate (big word for estimate) a basketball player and see if he has any long term issues or his injuries are just a complex & isolated (remote) incident.

I think what Eja is saying is that you can't predict future injuries based on current medical assessment.  You can only weigh risk factors and most players come with those.  Being injury prone has nothing to with medical prediction, cough *Derek Rose* cough.

I, personally, would do the deal in a heartbeat.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 08:37:04 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I think what Eja is saying is that you can't predict future injuries based on current medical assessment.  You can only weigh risk factors and most players come with those.  Being injury prone has nothing to with medical prediction, cough *Derek Rose* cough.

Also I think he could be cursed or may have done a deal with the devil which is difficult for science to discover, even on a good day

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 08:55:42 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I don't think Philly would do it. If Embiid truly is healthy, then he's likely their best chance at a star, more so than Ingram or Simmons. Moving Embiid also does little to fix their roster issues, as a frontcourt of Simmons and Okafor or Noel and Okafor doesn't work.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Also I think he could be cursed or may have done a deal with the devil which is difficult for science to discover, even on a good day

His injuries just scream voodoo to me, seems to me like he needs a witch doctor.  These 'doctors' and their 'science' are nothing compared to black magic
I'm bitter.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 09:17:36 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
In a magical world where there are no injuries I'd consider trading the 3rd pick for Embiid.

Even if we get his medicals they are unlikely to tell us that he's healthy because he hasn't been healthy since high school. Even if he's completely healthy now I think the chance he gets injured again is high.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Nope .  Maybe he gets better like Lopez ......and bigger  maybe he don't .

Celtics can't gamble too much on a guy like that.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't think Philly would do it. If Embiid truly is healthy, then he's likely their best chance at a star, more so than Ingram or Simmons. Moving Embiid also does little to fix their roster issues, as a frontcourt of Simmons and Okafor or Noel and Okafor doesn't work.
Yup, they want Embiid and Saric on the team.  Noel or Okafor (more likely) will be shipped out.

The idea behind the #3 pick is so they can grab a guard -- Murray, Dunn or Hield.  Yes they still need to get the right frontcourt combination (another move), but they desperately need somebody better than Ish Smith to anchor the backcourt.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
If he's ever medically cleared, Philly isn't moving him.

And if he isn't medically cleared, Ainge would be a fool to trade for him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team