Author Topic: Could a Dunn for Simmons swap Happen?  (Read 932 times)

Could a Dunn for Simmons swap Happen?
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:41:57 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Before you rip my head off and say no way Philly would never trade Simmons lets look at the facts.Way to many bigs Noel Embid Oakfor and than you add Simmons. They need a ball handler more than ever. Both teams have way to many draft picks. Philly picks up a few more picks from the Celtics in this trade or a couple players and than they trade the picks for more NBA ready players. Celtics get the Stud of the 2016 Draft on paper. Philly gets better and more players that are NBA ready.If they want to flip Oakor for something else they can. How would everybody feel if this was true?

Re: Could a Dunn for Simmons swap Happen?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Celtics would do it, but Philly can't afford to do it from a PR perspective imo.  When you get the #1 pick, the pressure is on to take the consensus superstar.  I think Philly would rather dangle Okafor for our #3 so that could take Dunn with that pick while keeping Simmons.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:48:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
No. Philly would be willingly accepting an inferior prospect, asset, and chance at a superstar.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
No, but if the Lakers somehow took Bender at two, I could definitely see them do something like Ingram (#3) and Smart for Simmons. Hell, an even better trade for them might be Ingram, Crowder, and Rozier for something like Simmons and Grant. They could then shop Okafor around for an upgrade at point guard or small forward.

In my mind, Simmons might have the highest ceiling of them all, but in Philly's situation with already a major logjam at 4 and 5 and a questionable fit with a non-shooting Simmons at 4, it could definitely make some sense for them to make such a trade, which also gives them the benefit of adding additional vet pieces to help their rookies along.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 01:51:19 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It would probably take IT plus #3 plus several future first round picks.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 02:35:16 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
It will never happen, Brown (76ers HC) use to coach the Australian national team and knows Simmons for some time, Brown loves Simmons...76ers are taking Simmons and will work out the rest later.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:13:45 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 03:16:28 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Celtics would do it, but Philly can't afford to do it from a PR perspective imo.  When you get the #1 pick, the pressure is on to take the consensus superstar.  I think Philly would rather dangle Okafor for our #3 so that could take Dunn with that pick while keeping Simmons.

This, though I think Sixers could take Ingram too.

I wouldn't trade the 3 for Okafor though. His offense was much worse than expected and his defense was even worse than expected. Of course if the deal were sweeter or a 3rd team was involved who knows?