No
16 (26.7%)
I'm on the fence
8 (13.3%)
I do not trust Ainge
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 06:56:25 PM

Author Topic: Would you be ok with 3-5 more years of rebuilding?  (Read 3446 times)

Re: Would you be ok with 3-5 more years of rebuilding?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I just don't understand how Celtics always get the raw deal. The one time we get the #1 pick the kid goes n overdoses. Then we get the worse record in the league and we pick #6. We finally get lucky and acquire the #3 pick and we get a 4 year project. Lol and we are the one franchise who has a clover as the team logo. Man I just hope whoever we pick turns out to be great.
Well this is all wrong. Len Bias was picked #2, not #1. Also if you get the worst record in the league you can't finish lower than 4th, so I don't even know what year you are talking about.

I think he's refering to 2007, where we had the 2nd best odds at the #1 pick, but then fell to 5th

Yeah that's what I ment my mistake and I was very young when we dragged Bias n thought he was the lottery pick

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Do I have a choice?

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 10:42:17 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I can do 3-4 years

i think 5 years is stretching it considering we've made the playoffs twice in the last 2 years
have an all-star + an all-defensive 1st team 
a bunch of other young players (smart, rozier, hunter, crowder, olynyk) who are developing
draft picks that can mean a trade or selecting someone

if all pans out we should be competitive in 3-4 years - knocking on cavs doors for ECF
considering how badly the east is playing in playoffs despite their regular season records

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 11:16:14 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
No trades, no signs = purgatory

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
yes, it took Derozan a while to become the star player he is today and now they are in Conference Finals...

even if we do not trade or sign big names, I want to see this team get built from the ground up! It would be amazing to see that and as a fan, to be able to also say "we've been through the bad time and the transition times to the great time" is a great feeling. And also not the "well you signed big names"...

It's like the GSW or Spurs, not really big name signings historically but team is built from ground up

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 12:31:50 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Rebuilding, no.  Developing, sure.

What I mean by this is that I wouldn't beok with going backwards significantly in the win column, potentially being a fringe playoff team (or crap lottery team) again for the next 3-4 years.

I'd be ok with us adding talented pieces that gives us the potential to really explode in 3-4 years time, long as we still remain somewhat competitive in the present.

I wouldn't want to waste the talent of guys like Thomas by forcing them to play out 3-4 years on a crappy team that doesn't become competitive until those guys reach the end of their contracts.

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 12:42:57 AM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
If you mean all of a sudden, Danny decides to blow it up and rebuild from the ground up, then it would be hard to watch.

I wouldn't mind keeping this pick, and developing it along with the next two BK picks. As long as the regular season, and possibly playoffs, remain exciting.

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 12:57:26 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Do I have a choice?

Exactly what i was going to write!  TP
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 04:33:48 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am very happy with the current state of the franchise.
In 2007 we missed playoffs, but the star market was offering a lot more. Ainge went for a jackpot - we won.
However Kg, Allen an PP we already 10+ year pros. We kind of knew we don't have much time.
Now, in 2016, DA wants to have a young long lasting core.
Ownership supports this.
Fans in the majority support him.
He has the track record.
Lets try to "repeat the 80s" in a few years, making a talented team full of hand picked, Celtic breed players.
By my count, now we have 5 of these championship level players.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 05:39:54 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
As long as we make the playoffs and keep improving I'm fine with rebuilding  ;D

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 07:31:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As long as the rebuilding is more like the Cavs or Warriors than the Hawks 5 years is fine with me.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 07:51:19 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Early prediction for who said "I do not trust Ainge":

CoachBo

If the question had been to draft, you would have been correct. Ainge is not capable of building a champion through the draft. That is clear.

It wasn't. I voted no.

If this team isn't championship competitive within five years, Ainge should be fired. Last time I checked, this is still the Boston Celtic franchise. We win titles. This perpetual fan fascination with rebuilding is an affront to the tradition of the greatest franchise in professional basketball.

And I will be calling for his job if he wastes the 3rd this year on the Euromistake.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:08:10 AM by CoachBo »
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 10:19:53 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Early prediction for who said "I do not trust Ainge":

CoachBo

If the question had been to draft, you would have been correct. Ainge is not capable of building a champion through the draft. That is clear.

It wasn't. I voted no.

If this team isn't championship competitive within five years, Ainge should be fired. Last time I checked, this is still the Boston Celtic franchise. We win titles. This perpetual fan fascination with rebuilding is an affront to the tradition of the greatest franchise in professional basketball.

And I will be calling for his job if he wastes the 3rd this year on the Euromistake.
We have improved every year. There are going to be some bigs available this summer. We have the guards and a great wing in crowder. I feel Smart and Bradley both will be better next year. KO will also improve. Rozier the sky is the limit. IF Hunter or Young become a shooter we will be fine. Our other 2 picks may be gems like Rondo and AB. Zeller to could be better next year. JJ is coming in to is own. Amir can give you 25 minutes of good ball too. We are not rebuilding we are rebuilt. Unless playing in the finals means rebuiit to you. Danny has some trade partners Phoe and Denver may want to move up to assure they get who they want and we can move 16 and 23 to move up and grab another big.
This is the most excited I have been my wife even watches this team.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My goal for this team is to improve every year. Even if they don't improve in terms of wins in 2016-2017, as long as their future looks brighter I will be fine with it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
No, I wouldn't. I suppose, as others have pointed out, it somewhat depends on what the OP means by "rebuilding," but considering the Celtics won 48 games in Year 3 of the rebuild, I'm expecting that three years from now they'll be a title contender.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis