Author Topic: DA at Cibona visiting?  (Read 1833 times)

DA at Cibona visiting?
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
https://twitter.com/danielrainge/status/735563049399001088

DA posted the above

assuming this is at the Cibona team facility? This is where Ante Zizic plays. Will be interesting to see if this leads to a draft and stash. I really like Zizic as a long term center prospect.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: DA at Cibona visiting?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Danny apparently got to see Ante Zizic play well (12 pts & 13 rebounds in 33 minutes for KK Cibona in Wednesday's game) before moving on to travel to Israel to scout Dragan Bender.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/05/2016_nba_draft_rumors_boston_c_4.html

Bender played in Thursday's playoff game, scoring 11 & grabbing 7 rebounds in 23 minutes for Maccabi.    It's not clear if Danny got there in time to see the game live or not.

Zizic is a strong draft & stash candidate.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Danny apparently got to see Ante Zizic play well (12 pts & 13 rebounds in 33 minutes for KK Cibona in Wednesday's game) before moving on to travel to Israel to scout Dragan Bender.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/05/2016_nba_draft_rumors_boston_c_4.html

Bender played in Thursday's playoff game, scoring 11 & grabbing 7 rebounds in 23 minutes for Maccabi.    It's not clear if Danny got there in time to see the game live or not.

Austin Ainge and Danny were likely there last night
David ‘Dubi’ Pick: Source: Boston’s Danny Ainge, Austin Ainge headed to Israel to watch Dragan Bender work.
21 hours ago – via Twitter IAmDPick

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Austin Ainge was at Bender's game last night
David ‘Dubi’ Pick: Source: Boston’s Danny Ainge, Austin Ainge headed to Israel to watch Dragan Bender work.
21 hours ago – via Twitter IAmDPick

They were only at practice (per Mark Murphy):

The Ainges - Danny and Austin - fly to Israel today to watch Dragan Bender in 2 practices tomorrow and Sunday. No games involved.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Awesome smokescreen.... well done boys.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Pretty expensive one. Kind of odd too since many executives were watching Hield, Poeltl, Dunn, Chriss, etc. live. All for a smokescreen? Sounds logical.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 03:31:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Even if they dont like him, getting as much information/seeing him as often as possible isn't a bad idea.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 03:45:08 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Pretty expensive one. Kind of odd too since many executives were watching Hield, Poeltl, Dunn, Chriss, etc. live. All for a smokescreen? Sounds logical.

Expensive financially? Non-factor. Expensive scouting choice? Maybe, but I seriously doubt Ainge doesn't have a very firm feeling on who of that workout crew he likes and doesn't already.

Building up Bender so someone can overpay him for #3 screams Ainge. And so does Zizic, by the way (assuming DA can get over his fear of drafting Euros), so the trip may serve a double purpose.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's a good idea to see Bender in his own element before doing individual workouts in the states. I don't see a scenario where we actually select Bender, but it is always good to see as much as you can of a top 3 rated prospect.

In case people are wondering what alternatives there are to selecting Bender, I see it like this:

1) Take Ingram or Simmons if one of them falls
2) Trade pick (and other assets) for a star like Butler or Cousins
3) Trade pick for young big man like Okafor
4) Select Bender or whoever the Cs rate highest at this spot

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 04:00:44 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
It's a good idea to see Bender in his own element before doing individual workouts in the states. I don't see a scenario where we actually select Bender, but it is always good to see as much as you can of a top 3 rated prospect.

In case people are wondering what alternatives there are to selecting Bender, I see it like this:

1) Take Ingram or Simmons if one of them falls
2) Trade pick (and other assets) for a star like Butler or Cousins
3) Trade pick for young big man like Okafor
4) Select Bender or whoever the Cs rate highest at this spot

Good--but I might switch #3 and #4...not on the Okafor train.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's a good idea to see Bender in his own element before doing individual workouts in the states.
No, in fact it is a lot more important to see him out of his element, because he's about to have a career that way.

Also, Cosic went to BYU and owns one of the two retired BYU basketball numbers (Ainge is the other one). I'm surprised Ainge even knows Cosic, since he didn't play for BYU until 4 years after Cosic left (Cosic was back in Yugoslavia by that time).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."