Author Topic: Bradley All-D 1st Team  (Read 11670 times)

Re: Bradley All-D 1st Team
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 08:56:16 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
All he needs now is to yell "First Team All Defense!" on court. Just like TA

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Are you serious?  If this is true, it's hilarious.

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
seems like the logical thing to do for him. Don't  let his opponents forget whats what.

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
seems like the logical thing to do for him. Don't  let his opponents forget whats what.
Oh, I thought this was an anecdote.  It's just too funny if TA actually shouts this during games.

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
About two years ago, bashing on Bradley was very prevalent on these boards.  A lot posters were unhappy offering him a 4 year contract at ~8 million per year. 

He's improved every year, and that contract is now a steal.  He still has holes in his game, but he's a very, very solid player.  I'm glad he's finally getting recognition, both across the league and from C's fans.

One of my favorite plays of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dISWWWDQdCM

Still has to improve his handles, passing, and PnR play.  But I'm confident he'll be even better next year.

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Crowder was 1 point behind Paul George for the second team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
About two years ago, bashing on Bradley was very prevalent on these boards.  A lot posters were unhappy offering him a 4 year contract at ~8 million per year. 

He's improved every year, and that contract is now a steal.  He still has holes in his game, but he's a very, very solid player.  I'm glad he's finally getting recognition, both across the league and from C's fans.

One of my favorite plays of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dISWWWDQdCM

Still has to improve his handles, passing, and PnR play.  But I'm confident he'll be even better next year.

Yup.  People have been saying that he's "reached his cieling" since before he signed that contract, I think he'll keep making improvements.  It's not like he's gonna suddenly become a great ball handler, but if he becomes just average at passing, that would be huge
I'm bitter.

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2016, 12:12:05 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
3rd overall in points, top guard.

Though everyone knew he was a top tier defensive player, I think his play against Curry in particular this season opened some eyes.

From an asset valuation viewpoint: If you're a contender and knew you had to go through team ____, what guard available in the trade market best defends Curry or Kyrie or Westbrook and has enough offense to stay on the court? Not that we should or will trade him, but you might get asymmetrical value for him if he was the missing piece for some one else.

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2016, 12:31:39 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Oh, I thought this was an anecdote.  It's just too funny if TA actually shouts this during games.

He did last season in the conference semifinal vs. GS.

https://youtu.be/xhQQbZRjecI

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
But what could you get in return for AB that would be even worth moving him?  If a contender is a 'missing piece' away, most likely they only have late round draft picks to offer which doesn't help us at all.  We have 8 picks in this draft alone.

I'm really glad that Bradley finally got the recognition that he deserved as a top NBA defender.

Though everyone knew he was a top tier defensive player, I think his play against Curry in particular this season opened some eyes.

From an asset valuation viewpoint: If you're a contender and knew you had to go through team ____, what guard available in the trade market best defends Curry or Kyrie or Westbrook and has enough offense to stay on the court? Not that we should or will trade him, but you might get asymmetrical value for him if he was the missing piece for some one else.

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
Congrats Avery, well deserved!

How the heck does Porzingis get almost as many votes (1) for defensive team as Marcus Smart (2)??

I like Porzingis and all, but its not like he lit the world on fire with his defense or anything in his rookie season.
Yeah, I call foul on that.  I suppose the idea is that it's roughly democratic if you give talking heads from each city a vote.  But what you end up with is a bunch of silly hometown votes.

Zach Lowe, who I think is fairly impartial, had Bradley on the 2nd team, which I also think would've been fair.  But it's great to see him on 1st team.

And why does CP3 always get it? I don't watch him much but not 1 time have I ever said WOW he's a great defender. He's the best defensive PG in the league? I don't buy it! ::)
  When Russell Westbrook wants to play defense, Paul is not in his league!!

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Congrats to Avery. And for those saying its a good time to trade him as his value is high, I have to say, I still think his value is highest on this Celtic team. He is on a bargain contract. He is an elite defender of guards but elite offensive PGs especially. In a league dominated by elite offensive PGs that can not be stressed enough. He is also an efficient scorer that can give you 16 PPG.

Simply put, he needs to stay a part of this rotation, especially if IT is going to be a part of the guard rotation. Bradley's defense hides IT's defensive shortcomings and IT's offense hides Avery's offensive shortcomings. They are an excellent pairing. If you get a player like Butler, you keep Avery and have him be the Sixth Man of the Year as well as an All-Defense player. IT, Butler and Avery are all around the same age, entering their primes. In a Butler trade, you keep AB, not trade him.

Only way I trade Bradley is if he is going out as a piece of a package for a top 5 in the league PF or C.

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
But what could you get in return for AB that would be even worth moving him?  If a contender is a 'missing piece' away, most likely they only have late round draft picks to offer which doesn't help us at all.  We have 8 picks in this draft alone.

I'm really glad that Bradley finally got the recognition that he deserved as a top NBA defender.

We have a lot of decent players, but AB has a unique value in context of contending or near contending teams. We're not there yet. I'd have no problem whatsoever at keeping him unless the value received in a trade will clearly help us improve.

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2016, 04:30:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

If you want to talk real contenders, I think Ibaka would be a lot of sense for both teams. Love might also work (with smaller additional assets). Could a package of Bradley and the #3 entice LAC for Griffin?

I agree, though, we are not really in the market for acquiring additional picks and dumping our supreme role players / semi-stars.

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2016, 05:23:18 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Congrats to Avery!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson