Author Topic: Bradley All-D 1st Team  (Read 11716 times)

Re: Bradley All-D 1st Team
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Congrats Bradley 👍

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 07:00:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Congrats Avery, well deserved!

How the heck does Porzingis get almost as many votes (1) for defensive team as Marcus Smart (2)??

I like Porzingis and all, but its not like he lit the world on fire with his defense or anything in his rookie season.

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 07:23:27 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

How the heck does Porzingis get almost as many votes (1) for defensive team as Marcus Smart (2)??

I like Porzingis and all, but its not like he lit the world on fire with his defense or anything in his rookie season.
Yeah, I call foul on that.  I suppose the idea is that it's roughly democratic if you give talking heads from each city a vote.  But what you end up with is a bunch of silly hometown votes.

Zach Lowe, who I think is fairly impartial, had Bradley on the 2nd team, which I also think would've been fair.  But it's great to see him on 1st team.

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 07:51:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Great news...congratulations AB!

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If the Warriors don't make a comeback, when was the last time an NBA champion didn't have a player who was first or second team All-Defensive?

Miami in '06 and Houston in '95 I believe.  So once about every 10 years?

Payton, Mourning and Wade are perennial All-Defensive studs. Hakeem won DPOY too before he won his second ring.

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:10 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Yeah, I call foul on that.  I suppose the idea is that it's roughly democratic if you give talking heads from each city a vote.  But what you end up with is a bunch of silly hometown votes.

Zach Lowe, who I think is fairly impartial, had Bradley on the 2nd team, which I also think would've been fair.  But it's great to see him on 1st team.

And why does CP3 always get it? I don't watch him much but not 1 time have I ever said WOW he's a great defender. He's the best defensive PG in the league? I don't buy it! ::)

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 08:04:25 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
If the Warriors don't make a comeback, when was the last time an NBA champion didn't have a player who was first or second team All-Defensive?

Payton, Mourning and Wade are perennial All-Defensive studs. Hakeem won DPOY too before he won his second ring.
Defense wins championships.  Even in a league that unabashedly favors the offense in every possible way for entertainment value, it's still true.  And Marcus Smart is thankful.

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 08:08:08 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

And why does CP3 always get it? I don't watch him much but not 1 time have I ever said WOW he's a great defender. He's the best defensive PG in the league? I don't buy it! ::)
I don't know.  I have definitely watched CP3 and thought, "this might be the one guy I would least like to play against in the entire league".  The guy is a ruthless competitor and he has all the physical tools.  Quick, strong, pesky, relentless, amazing IQ, works the refs, true leader.  I have no trouble with CP3.  Who would you put above him?

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 08:17:54 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Wow, so AB was actually the third highest ranking for both total points and first place votes. That's pretty crazy. His defense against Curry and Lillard really shot him up the ladder. Well-deserved.

It's hard to overstate how well he played against Curry.  AB is as close as you can get to his kryptonite (save for Westbrook, maybe).

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

I don't know.  I have definitely watched CP3 and thought, "this might be the one guy I would least like to play against in the entire league".  The guy is a ruthless competitor and he has all the physical tools.  Quick, strong, pesky, relentless, amazing IQ, works the refs, true leader.  I have no trouble with CP3.  Who would you put above him?

People would like him more if he wasn't such a primadonna whiner along with his constant flopping. Not to mention, he is a dirty player.

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:04 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
Wow, so AB was actually the third highest ranking for both total points and first place votes. That's pretty crazy. His defense against Curry and Lillard really shot him up the ladder. Well-deserved.

It's hard to overstate how well he played against Curry.  AB is as close as you can get to his kryptonite (save for Westbrook, maybe).
Better than Westbrook, I think.  Bradley's recovery speed is unmatched, although Westbrook is stronger.  Curry wants to finesse you and create space with step backs, behind the back dribbles, quick pullups from ranges that most teams are willing to give up, quick hitters off of screens, blow-bys when he's overplayed.  Bradley is kryptonite to all of it.

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

People would like him more if he wasn't such a primadonna whiner along with his constant flopping. Not to mention, he is a dirty player.
Yeah, I agree with all of this.  It comes with the territory when you have a Type-A elite competitor.  People said the same of MJ.  (edit: mj wasn't a flopper.  Not on defense at least, but the game has changed)

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 08:31:47 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

CP3 is a god. It's criminal that he's never won a ring. I didn't watch him enough this season, but last season I would have said he was easily the best defensive guard in the league. I remember two years ago him matching up with KD when Durant was going OFF in the western semis. CP3 was the best player in that series.

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:54 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Defense wins championships.  Even in a league that unabashedly favors the offense in every possible way for entertainment value, it's still true.  And Marcus Smart is thankful.

I know this thread is about AB but I agree. I don't think OKC's defense is getting the credit it deserves, they have Curry, Klay and Green out there looking like they are holding hot potatoes, throwing up any shot they can get off as soon as they see air. GSW may take quick shots and difficult ones but their offense usually is fluid but OKC has them looking like a tattered mess.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 08:54:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Yeah, I agree with all of this.  It comes with the territory when you have a Type-A elite competitor.  People said the same of MJ.  (edit: mj wasn't a flopper.  Not on defense at least, but the game has changed)

Or Dwayne Wade