Author Topic: Noah Leaving Bulls  (Read 3858 times)

Re: Noah Leaving Bulls
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 07:40:40 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Other than not being a "floor stretching" 5, he would be good addition for next season, and he would be a nice guy to mentor a young center should we draft one. He always been a hard worker, good rebounder, very good passer, and a good team mate, as long as he's healthy I'm for it.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Sign him for a bloated 2 year contract with team option on 2nd year if ever Danny fails to lure any superstar FA.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:19 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Honestly we don't don't need Noah.

As much as I think he would fit the personality of the team, and he is unquestionably a good 4/5 defensively and rebounding...we have that already with Amir and even Sully.

I would only approve of Noah if Amir or Sully left.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Maybe this is Noah telling the front office to trade Butler soon, maybe on draft night.

Weird timing to me...Perhaps the rest of the players feel the way Noah does,and this is him speaking for them. Chi front office should go with the younger player in Butler--but maybe the vets (Rose incl) want Butler gone.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 08:51:49 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'd love the C's to pursue Noah. Last year the C's had issues with the bigger centers, Noah would help with that issue.

Coming off a down year (due to injury) we might be able to get him at a good value. If he can regain his form he can be a top notch defensive center, that hits the glass hard.

His intensity would really fit well with our current team and he's the type of player you would want around young developing bigs.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 09:15:41 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I love Noah's drive but I don't get the point. I'm so tired of moves that don't actually bring us closer to winning a title. I'd rather be in the lottery building up guys value.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 11:43:12 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
In my mind Noah was Never going to resign in Chicago.   It was time for a change for both him and the team.  I like him for us.  IMO he won't come cheap and I agree that Minnesota will go after him but that would make Dieng possibly available also.... 

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I love Noah's drive but I don't get the point. I'm so tired of moves that don't actually bring us closer to winning a title. I'd rather be in the lottery building up guys value.
Agree.  It sems that fans who are frustrated with the pace of progress just grab at possible straws to make the team better.  Noah would be an improvement on defense and rebounding, both weak areas for the C's.  However, he can't shoot to save his life.  Noah would be a good backup center, but I think in that case, I would just keep Amir.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 09:21:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think a guy like Noah helps our young players develop via veteran guidance which could be argued moves us closer to winning a title.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think a guy like Noah helps our young players develop via veteran guidance which could be argued moves us closer to winning a title.

Well at least that could be worth something. Better than playing Sully and Jerebko who won't be here whenever we could possibly contend.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

As much as I think he would fit the personality of the team, and he is unquestionably a good 4/5 defensively and rebounding...we have that already with Amir and even Sully.

I'll take 4 years of Noah if he can stay reasonably healthy over 4 years of Sully.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I'll take 4 years of Noah if he can stay reasonably healthy over 4 years of Sully.

I'd take 4 years of cap space over 4 years of either of them.  I'd love Noah for an Amir-type deal, but no way do I want him on the books until he's 35, especially without a season to see if he's truly declining
I'm bitter.

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
OK, so lets get Noah and Horford, plus keep the 3rd overall.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
If I’m going to over pay for an old center on the back end of his career, I’m going to get Howard.  At least Howard still managed to average a double double last year despite limited usage.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I'd take 4 years of cap space over 4 years of either of them. I'd love Noah for an Amir-type deal, but no way do I want him on the books until he's 35, especially without a season to see if he's truly declining

Best answer. TP
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about