Author Topic: Buddy Heild has more to his game then just shooting 3's  (Read 4689 times)

Buddy Heild has more to his game then just shooting 3's
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
https://youtu.be/gy7sDgD4SHk

Good footwork, good fade away, doesn't miss his shot, not bad ball handling and he stays in his zone its hard to break him. He's not perfect but his work ethic is one of the best amongst the top picks. This kid has that silent stat that's often overlooked. You can call it what you want, I call it the (IT) factor. Buddy elevates everyone around him. He's a leader who makes his guys take responsibility for their role. I like that in this kid. I don't expect Danny Ainge to take him at #3 I feel Danny wants Bender but someone's gonna draft this kid and who ever does is getting one heck of a player...

Re: Buddy Heild has more to his game then just shooting 3's
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:54:19 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
I don't think anyone disagrees with you that Hield at 3 would be a solid pick.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Among a group of Bender, Brown, Murray, Hield, Dunn, Poeltl, and Deyonta Davis, I think that Hield has the best chance of becoming a solid NBA role player / average starter.  Even Kris Dunn has more question marks for me because of his turnovers and suspect jumper.

Out of that group, though, I think most of them have a greater chance of becoming more than just a solid starter / bench contributor.

Yes Hield is a really hard worker.  That's how he went from a guy nobody wanted to draft to a likely lottery pick.  He has an NBA ready offensive game, but there are question marks about his passing, defense, and offensive game within 15 feet.  Because he is a hard worker I think he'll overcome those issues at least enough to be useful rotation player.

None of that makes me think he's a great bet to become a dominant player, when he was never a dominant player in college until his fourth season (when many guys take a leap over their younger peers).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hield at 3 would be a horrible pick, but still not as bad as Bender at 3.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown

I don't think Hield or Bender would be horrible at #3 but I'm pretty open to whoever management decides.

Who do you want at #3?

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:38:27 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

I disagree. Hield is a solid prospect, and he deserves to go in the lottery, but it's pretty likely that he tops out as a below-average starter. Cannot forget the importance of age when comparing Hield with a guy like Murray. Hield has warts (passing especially) that cannot be fixed through hard work at age 22.5.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown

I disagree. Hield is a solid prospect, and he deserves to go in the lottery, but it's pretty likely that he tops out as a below-average starter. Cannot forget the importance of age when comparing Hield with a guy like Murray. Hield has warts (passing especially) that cannot be fixed through hard work at age 22.5.

I'd be cool with Jamal Murray at 3 as well.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:52 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
Damain Lillard (#6 pick), Tim Duncan (#1 pick), J.J. Redick (#6 pick), David West (#8 pick), Draymond Green (#35 pick), Chandler Parsons (#38 pick), George Hill (#26 pick)

All stars who played 4 years in college. So anyone who says Heild won't be a all-star starter cause they played all 4 years is flat out prematurely stating opinions. Now I'm not saying Danny Ainge is gonna draft the kid at #3 because I don't see that happening. I see him dragging Dragon Bender at #3. All I'm saying is this kid Buddy Held has what it takes to be an all star in this league in a few years and I say 3 years. You can disagree with me all u want but why don't you just let time take its course instead of downing the kid before he even gets drafted.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 05:51:56 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
Damain Lillard (#6 pick), Tim Duncan (#1 pick), J.J. Redick (#6 pick), David West (#8 pick), Draymond Green (#35 pick), Chandler Parsons (#38 pick), George Hill (#26 pick)

All stars who played 4 years in college. So anyone who says Heild won't be a all-star starter cause they played all 4 years is flat out prematurely stating opinions. Now I'm not saying Danny Ainge is gonna draft the kid at #3 because I don't see that happening. I see him dragging Dragon Bender at #3. All I'm saying is this kid Buddy Held has what it takes to be an all star in this league in a few years and I say 3 years. You can disagree with me all u want but why don't you just let time take its course instead of downing the kid before he even gets drafted.

Parsons and George Hill have never been all-stars/stars.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'd love Murray at 3. I'd be content with Hield at 3. I'd be indifferent with Bender at 3.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 06:05:43 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
I'd love Murray at 3. I'd be content with Hield at 3. I'd be indifferent with Bender at 3.

I don't know. I'm not against Bender at #3 if it means we trade him for something valuable. I can see Danny trying something crazy to get up to #1 and draft Brandon Ingram. I'm thinking Ingram over Ben at this point. I myself value Ingram over Ben.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown

No your right but they were quality starters.sk, Im not arguing picking Held at #3 I just think where ever he goes #4-8 someone's getting a really good player. Even at his age he's got room to work on his flaws.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Who would be a good pick then?  (besides trading it for someone).

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown

No your right but they were quality starters.sk, Im not arguing picking Held at #3 I just think where ever he goes #4-8 someone's getting a really good player. Even at his age he's got room to work on his flaws.

I agree. Hield will be fine in NBA.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 06:27:40 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

You forgot Butler, Kenneth Faried, CJ McCollum too. Think about the growth Butler has made since being drafted, it is ludicrous that people still age discriminate given all the figures showing the contrary.

Just as an example I, myself grew from 5'10 to 6'2 between the ages of 20-25 thus how could a 4 year college player stop 'growing as a player' after college if they could still be physically growing?