Author Topic: What about a Love/Biyombo frontcourt?  (Read 3495 times)

What about a Love/Biyombo frontcourt?
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
There's quite a bit of controversy surrounding Love's fit in Cleveland once again, and many posit that he'll ultimately be on the chopping block if they don't win it all this year. In a recent Lowe article, it was even stated that Boston will probably try to call once again and attain Love this summer.

So what if the Cleveland/Boston/New York trade talks picked up again, and a fairly good deal presented itself for us to attain Love? Something like:

Boston: Love

Cleveland: Anthony

New York: Amir (waive non-guaranteed contract), Rozier, Young, #3 pick, and #16 pick

If we could get something like that in a trade, how would you feel about signing Biyombo to an Amir-type deal to pair with Love in the frontcourt? That'd leave us with the following roster:

PG: IT, Smart
SG: Bradley, Hunter
SF: Crowder, Turner
PF: Love, Mickey
C: Biyombo, KO

We'd still be able to take a project big like Maker late in the first round or early in the second round, resign Turner, and still have a little cap room left over to sign other free agents to upgrade our bench, e.g. Kevin Martin, Nene, etc.

To me, that's actually a really good, balanced lineup that helps us with three major areas that we lacked in last year - shooting, scoring, and rebounding. It also provides a legitimate shot-blocker in Biyombo who is athletic enough to switch onto other forwards and guards.

How would you feel about this offseason? It's honestly pretty realistic, too, as long as Cleveland doesn't win it all this year.

Re: What about a Love/Biyombo frontcourt?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I like Biyombo, though he's not likely to be available on lean money anymore.

Love is soft. He'd be a band-aid move which will hurt the Cs in the long run. I have no interest in him whatsoever. Especially considering you're getting fleeced in the the proposed deal.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm at the point where I wouldn't give up the third pick in a Love deal. If he can't play in the fourth quarter of a playoff game, then he's probably not worth that haul.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm at the point where I wouldn't give up the third pick in a Love deal. If he can't play in the fourth quarter of a playoff game, then he's probably not worth that haul.

Eh, he's also in a system where he's used improperly both offensively and defensively. Brad is a defensive coach, and I have no concerns that he'd be able to hide him in the defense. The issue with Love is that he's also playing with Kyrie, who is just as bad defensively. Now, you could say IT would be a problem, but Brad would figure out to overcome that issue. They'd also be surrounded by three A+ defenders in Bradley, Crowder, and Biyombo, so there's less of a concern there.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I like the idea, but am with others in that I don't really want to give up too much for Love, at this point, though I would do the #3 pick - more like Amir, Young, RJ, #3, #45.

I love Biyombo, too, and I think that pairing would be great - both excel in rebounding, too, which is a huge plus.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I like the idea, but am with others in that I don't really want to give up too much for Love, at this point, though I would do the #3 pick - more like Amir, Young, RJ, #3, #45.

I love Biyombo, too, and I think that pairing would be great - both excel in rebounding, too, which is a huge plus.

For sure. I mean, Love isn't perfect, but he does help many of the things that we are weak in.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
FWIW, Melo recently said he is unequivocally returning to the Knicks this season. He won't be pursuing a trade.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/11/carmelo-anthony-rules-out-summer-trade-from-knicks/

Also, I'm guessing that whoever misses out on Whiteside will probably throw stupid money at Biyombo.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 12:36:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
FWIW, Melo recently said he is unequivocally returning to the Knicks this season. He won't be pursuing a trade.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/11/carmelo-anthony-rules-out-summer-trade-from-knicks/

Things change. We'll see how he feels when they don't upgrade their roster this summer, and they're out of the playoff race by January again.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Things change. We'll see how he feels when they don't upgrade their roster this summer, and they're out of the playoff race by January again.

Sure, but that's another half-season down the line.

If Cleveland does not win a title, I've got to think that Love will be sent packing. I think the framework of your idea is reasonable, just need to find an alternate 3rd team for the Cavs to get a major piece.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Love suks

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Biyombo sucks too

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 01:00:01 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I definitely prefer Love to Okafor or any of the options at #3, but I don't see Cleveland moving him without getting a legit star PF or C.  If Carmelo (who at this point in his career is a PF) isn't going to move, I don't think a Love deal will happen
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I like where we are this draft in all honestly.  Love might be plausible.  Same with Okafor but why not just keep the pick?

Neither of these guys is going to beat Lebron.  Derozan and Lowry might though.  Same with Valenciunus.  We should go that route imo.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'd happily trade the 3rd and filler for love, but not the 3rd filler and multiple first rounders.
Furthermore, Carmelo is not waving his no trade clause to play in Cleveland. Do you really think LaLa would agree to give up that NYC lifestyle and move to the mistake by the lake? No chance

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 01:12:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
There's quite a bit of controversy surrounding Love's fit in Cleveland once again, and many posit that he'll ultimately be on the chopping block if they don't win it all this year. In a recent Lowe article, it was even stated that Boston will probably try to call once again and attain Love this summer.

So what if the Cleveland/Boston/New York trade talks picked up again, and a fairly good deal presented itself for us to attain Love? Something like:

Boston: Love

Cleveland: Anthony

New York: Amir (waive non-guaranteed contract), Rozier, Young, #3 pick, and #16 pick

If we could get something like that in a trade, how would you feel about signing Biyombo to an Amir-type deal to pair with Love in the frontcourt? That'd leave us with the following roster:

PG: IT, Smart
SG: Bradley, Hunter
SF: Crowder, Turner
PF: Love, Mickey
C: Biyombo, KO

We'd still be able to take a project big like Maker late in the first round or early in the second round, resign Turner, and still have a little cap room left over to sign other free agents to upgrade our bench, e.g. Kevin Martin, Nene, etc.

To me, that's actually a really good, balanced lineup that helps us with three major areas that we lacked in last year - shooting, scoring, and rebounding. It also provides a legitimate shot-blocker in Biyombo who is athletic enough to switch onto other forwards and guards.

How would you feel about this offseason? It's honestly pretty realistic, too, as long as Cleveland doesn't win it all this year.

way too much for Kevin Love. The league is passing him by as far as his value. Pass.