Author Topic: 2016 NBA Draft: Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram challenged by Jaylen  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/5/23/jaylen-brown-has-a-question-for-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram

“Do they want to work out [against] me?” Brown asked. “I think that’s the question.”

Likely won't happen. But this type of talk/confidence could impress Danny.  Brown is either overconfident or really believes he can beat Simmons/Ingram in a 1 on 1 battle/workouts

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I expect Jaylen Brown is a better 1-on-1 player than a 5-on-5 player at this juncture in his development. I'd give him a fair shot at beating either of them.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
his stock is probably too low to make a difference. Philly aren't going to gamble but if he really impresses the Lakers I could see them pick him. Still a hell of a long shot though

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think brown would be a nice fit under CBS

He has a few things he needs to tidy up, but is relentless/fearless going to the basket like IT

His dunks are spectacular.   

We are struggling for a bucket?  He can do the below at any pt of the game

Brown
http://youtu.be/jWVoaPrR6BY

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

He has a few things he needs to tidy up, but is relentless/fearless going to the basket like IT

Brown

Agree, I really like him. He's a bit more risky than others given his shaky jumper but if he sorts that out he's elite

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brown sucks he can't shoot and is unlikely to bully people in the NBA.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Brown

He couldn't do it with any consistency at Cal, I'm not sure why you think he'll step in and do it in the Association.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Brown

He couldn't do it with any consistency at Cal, I'm not sure why you think he'll step in and do it in the Association.

More clogged around the post at the college level. More space at the NBA level

He really needs that jumper to work on a consistent basis . Ideally

Brown's ceiling is Demar Derozan imo. A bit stronger with slightly worse touch (mid range, around the basket)

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

There were a lot of dudes at the combine who wanted to work out against you, Jaylen Brown, but you played it safe just like Simmons and Ingram will.

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I remember a similar scenario when Thomas Robinson said he was better then Anthony Davis and should be the number 1 pick...and look how that turned out ::)

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
He is not a point guard, I like that!

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Jaylen might have a chance against those guys one-on-one, but five-on-five he's nowhere close. Statistically he isn't even close to Ingram, much less Simmons. Ingram vs Simmons one on one would be interesting, I'd probably take Ingram from the perimeter but if you gave Simmons an entry pass in the mid-post he'd light Ingram up.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well, if the Celts draft Jaylen Brown, he and Rozier can have awesome workouts against one another in an otherwise empty gym. 

Maybe we can get a feed of the practice gym set up so that fans can enjoy seeing how awesome they look in workouts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/5/23/jaylen-brown-has-a-question-for-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram

“Do they want to work out [against] me?” Brown asked. “I think that’s the question.”

Likely won't happen. But this type of talk/confidence could impress Danny.  Brown is either overconfident or really believes he can beat Simmons/Ingram in a 1 on 1 battle/workouts
If it does, I promise I will be among the first posters here to call for ainge's resignation.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Well, if the Celts draft Jaylen Brown, he and Rozier can have awesome workouts against one another in an otherwise empty gym. 

Maybe we can get a feed of the practice gym set up so that fans can enjoy seeing how awesome they look in workouts.
Ha, ha, ha. Nicely done pho. I laughed at this one.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva